IGNORED

Another interesting auction

7tooZ

The white/blue 70 is mine. This was the 2nd time running it on Ebay with the first time meeting reserve at $18K. The highest bidder was a pretty known Z parts seller on ebay who said he was trying to do me a favor by bidding on it but had no intentions of buying it. Stupidest thing I've ever heard. He ruined the auction because the 2nd highest bidder at $17.9K had already moved on to another Z listed on Ebay and my 2nd chance offer to him was not accepted.

The 2nd time around with the reserve lowered a bit, it didn't meet reserve and peaked near $14k as mentioned above.

Edited by oemz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oemz said:

The white/blue 70 is mine. This was the 2nd time running it on Ebay with the first time meeting reserve at $18K. The highest bidder was a pretty known Z parts seller on ebay who said he was trying to do me a favor by bidding on it but had no intentions of buying it. Stupidest thing I've ever heard. He ruined the auction because the 2nd highest bidder at $17.9K had already moved on to another Z listed on Ebay and my 2nd chance offer to him was not accepted.

The 2nd time around with the reserve lowered a bit, it didn't meet reserve and peaked near $14k as mentioned above.

That's a drag, what a twit.  Wait a couple of weeks and put it out again, the markets on fire. Looks like great car.

4 hours ago, oemz said:

It makes no sense to me that the white car didn't sell.  I would take that car over that BAT blue one any day. Original cars are becoming more rare every day. I was told that red sells.  Could it be the color?  That blue is nice.  My first 240 was white.  I really liked it.  I have a red one now.  When I got it appraised by a professional appraiser, it said it was the money color.  I didn't know that. I just want one of each.

3 minutes ago, 87mj said:

It makes no sense to me that the white car didn't sell.  I would take that car over that BAT blue one any day. Original cars are becoming more rare every day. I was told that red sells.  Could it be the color?  That blue is nice.  My first 240 was white.  I really liked it.  I have a red one now.  When I got it appraised by a professional appraiser, it said it was the money color.  I didn't know that. I just want one of each.

That's why they call it "Resale Red"

Thank you guys for your positive replies. As far as the deadbeat buyer, he lost himself a customer for good so I guess that's payback.
I think I'll keep it for now and possibly post it back up in the near future.

In comparison, this car is too expensive and the reserve wasn't met at $6,300.  I cant imagine the money required to bring that car back. Non numbers matching, the rear deck was cut out, The interior was completely destroyed.  Apparently the car had an uncracked dash but it was spray painted.  I would rather have the cracked dash.  If I were offered $6,300 for it, I would take it in a minute. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Datsun-Z-Series-2-door-hatchback-/302260519081?hash=item46602180a9:g:GcwAAOSwTM5Y0tCA&vxp=mtr

Parts car at best?