IGNORED

260Z stock-ish

GGRIII

16 hours ago, JSM said:

Did you do the work yourself or pay? Curious what that amount of work cost wirh paint?

I loved yellow as a youngster.  Funny as I've gotten older not as much. Don't get me wrong it came out very nice! If I was only young again!

Kind of a mix, I did the rockers, floor pans, and chassis stuff.  Then I went to a body shop and while they did a freakin perfect job I didn't really want a perfect job and it was getting pricey with no way to control them.  I just wanted decent paint but its hard to find a place to do it around here, they want to do collision work or 40K restorations.  So after they took it down to metal, eboxy primered, blocked and fill primered I was near 13K.  I bailed on them, found a kid to finish blocking it and found another shop to paint.  I gave the painter the car in pieces and he shot it in pieces so that was relatively cheap 3100 to put down 5 coats of sherwin williams and 3 coats of clear.   BTW the car is more orangey than it looks in the pics...

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

But we'd have you! :)

Like I have never seen CO with a bag on his head singing Led Zepplin...  Maybe I just bring out the best in everybody :)  I will have an advantage in Austin as I have a brother there that will post bail for me!

On 2/11/2017 at 11:13 AM, Captain Obvious said:

About time you started posting!

The short story here is that I unfortunately had to relinquish ownership of my father's 260Z because I wanted to drive a Z car again before I joined my dad in the hereafter and I wasn't sure I had it in me to go through the amount of time, effort, and expense to finish that project. Thankfully a very long time buddy of mine GGRIII (Gary who some of you met in Toronto) had coveted the car ever since the first day he saw it on a fishing expedition and jumped at the chance to buy it. I'm embellishing a little of course, but the good part is that even the car isn't under my ownership anymore, it's still "in the family" and I still get to have a hand in the reconstruction.

GGRIII thankfully has more resources to work on a project of this magnitude, and I'm thankful that my father's old car has found such a wonderful loving home. I bought my current 77, and Gary bought my 74.

I am honored! My dad is honored! And I can't wait until I get to drive it again!

I think CO has more pics of this sled than I!

Edited by GGRIII
No need to replicate the photos

Thank you. I'm so afraid to get mine painted. Every Z I've had that has been nice I manage to screw it up somehow. I've told myself I'm not going to get angry it's just a car.  I grew up with a father who freaked out about everything and I told myself it's just not that important to me. 

Mine is in primer now and I'll strip it and send it off.  Just a matter of when. 

19 minutes ago, GGRIII said:

Like I have never seen CO with a bag on his head singing Led Zepplin...  Maybe I just bring out the best in everybody :)  I will have an advantage in Austin as I have a brother there that will post bail for me!

A clear bag?  That was his Halloween mask. LOL

Edited by siteunseen

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yes, that's the one. We need to keep the two of you apart.

I fear it's a perfect storm...

No,No

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

A perfect, irreverent, questionable judgment, barely legal, authorities attracting... storm.   ROFL

Sounds like fun!

8 hours ago, GGRIII said:

I will have an advantage in Austin as I have a brother there that will post bail for me!

That's great. CZC is just one big family! Bond for everyone...

• Like 1