IGNORED

The dreaded oil pan pull!

rcb280z

Reduce your time by utilizing a cordless drill to remove and install bolts . A drill with adjustable torque is best . It will reduce time on your back and wrenching of the neck.
Pick 4 of the easiest bolts to get to and leave them for last ( at the four corners) .
Undo the front 2 first and let the pan rest on the crossmember . Then you will be able to see if the crank needs to be rotated. Then the last 2 to drop pan.
I just used a Felpro gasket ( non cork) , get them from Autozone.
Make sure pan isn't dimpled at bolt holes , work it flat if needed.
Install in reverse order.
I usually start all the bolts with my fingers and then use the cordless to set them. Then follow up with a 1/4" ratchet.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

Actually, a ratchet wrench might work in that spot. Home Depot (Husky brand) has some slim ones. On mine there is actually a philips bolt in one of those spots. It made easy access for that one only.  

As for torque, "use the force Luke".  When you torque the others, just remember how far on average you go past snug and that should be pretty close. Enough for an oil pan anyway.  2 cents coming at cha'.

Edited by gwri8