IGNORED

Factory Service Manual - 1970

Namerow

5 hours ago, kats said:

Hi, I think there will be no differences between early and 1971. Just picture quality of 1969 is better than 1971 , 

And just for your interest, Flat rate schedule and Collision estimate are attached. 

Kats

Thanks, Kats.  Excellent photos.  Also interesting to see the flat-rate and collision-estimate publications. 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:31 AM, Namerow said:

Thanks, CanTechZ.  That scan quality is excellent.  So much better than the version that's currently available.  If you're able to find the time to scan and upload the entire manual, all of us CZCC members will be in your debt.

BTW, how did you acquire your copy?  e-Bay?  Dealership connections?

No problem, I will post here when it is available for download. Sadly it will be "Body & Chassis" only as I don't have a copy of the "Engine" volume.

I picked the FSM locally from a craigslist ad a couple of years ago.  It was advertised as a two volume 1972 set but when I checked with the seller he realized that it was actually two copies of the Body & Chassis Manual, one 1972 and one 1970 but no engine manual, so I'm still on the look out for a 1970 engine FSM volume. The good thing was I got both copies for $30 and he threw in a copy of "How to modify Datsun engines & chassis 510 610 240Z" by Bill Fisher and Bob Waar printed in 1973. Lots of great historical reading.

Edited by CanTechZ

18 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

Not that I remember although I have never compared them page by page.

Thanks 26th-z

10 hours ago, kats said:

Hi, I think there will be no differences between early and 1971. Just picture quality of 1969 is better than 1971 , 

And just for your interest, Flat rate schedule and Collision estimate are attached. 

Kats

image.jpeg

Thanks for posting this Kats, earlier this year I scanned and uploaded the Datsun 240z -260z section of the 1975 Mitchell Foreign Car Collision Estimator Guide, it's in the Service Documents category in Downloads here.  I wonder if the estimating times Mitchell used came from the Nissan collision estimating sheets like you have posted?

Edited by CanTechZ

Thanks @jwtaylor and @SteveJ for the feedback.  I played around with the scan settings looking for a balance between file size and quality.

I have noticed that I made mistakes in the file names of the FE and WT sections. Not a big problem as they can just be renamed after unzipping. I checked to see if I can replace the zip file in the downloads area but didn't see an option, maybe @Mike could chime in and let me know if this is possible.

3 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

Thanks @jwtaylor and @SteveJ for the feedback.  I played around with the scan settings looking for a balance between file size and quality.

I have noticed that I made mistakes in the file names of the FE and WT sections. Not a big problem as they can just be renamed after unzipping. I checked to see if I can replace the zip file in the downloads area but didn't see an option, maybe @Mike could chime in and let me know if this is possible.

Hey, just saw this today. You should have a "file options" drop down when you open the file in our downloads area. There should be an option to edit the files in there. Let me know if you need help. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Hey, just saw this today. You should have a "file options" drop down when you open the file in our downloads area. There should be an option to edit the files in there. Let me know if you need help. 

Thanks Mike.  I fixed the file names but when I went to upload a new zip file I found that my WinZip license just expired so I had to upload the individual .pdf chapter files instead.

At least this way is better for mobile device users.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:23 AM, Namerow said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever found or acquired a downloadable version of the 1970 FSM?  The '71 manual is widely available (albeit not a very good-quality scan and pretty fuzzy in places) and is perhaps identical in content, but I've yet to see the 1970 version anywhere.

Not actually downloadable due to copyrights but I purchased to 1970 FSM & S30 Parts catalogs from Courtesy Nissan back in '05.  The FSM CD looks to be a scanned copy of the 1970 FSM created for the Nissan Vintage Z Program from 1997.  The back cover image on the CD has a Issued Date of March, 1997 (010240), the number in brackets is the same as the 1st November 1969 printing of the 1970 FSM Body & Chassis Volume.  The quality of the scans is not that great but the pdf's are searchable and have links from the table of contents.  Anyone else have these, and what are your thoughts.

20161110_115506.jpg

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG