IGNORED

1970 240Z HLS30- 06026 For Sale (original)

tse4me

The reason for my request for personal conversation is as follows: 

1) what additional pictures does the potential buyer need

2) Understanding the car is in AZ

3) What maintenance documents would the potential buyer want to see 

4) Etc 

19 hours ago, Mike said:

There were some willing buyers at the posted price, but, the seller may have come here to simply inquire on the car's value.  I get the impression that @tse4me may not be up-to-date on what's happening with these cars, but, most of the frequent members of this site do.  It would be fair, and the right thing, for our members to share our impression of what a car like this should sell for.

@tse4me, it looks like you have a few numbers to work with in this thread.  There are a few buyers at the price you posted above ($9k) and I saw that someone mentioned a $15k price (I don't think it was a bid... more like an estimate based on the photos).  The next move is up to you, but, I think you could sell the car to a member of this site knowing the car would find a good home.

It's times like these that I wish I had my auction software online. :)

Mike

Mike, i am going to dis-agree with you on that. the op's first post clearly states the car is for sale at "8-9K". i still believe he should stand by his post and sell it for what he advertised. my dos centavosB)

14 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I think that DZman is your competition luial.  He joined just to make that one post.  He's a potential buyer.

Let the game begin.  Interested to find out what the secrets are that must be disclosed via personal conversation.

Secrets?  You mean like the pleat and rolled upholstery on the door panels and the deleted hood emblem?  At what serial number did the newer style slotted spoke steering wheel show up on the 1970 Z?  I love a good Z story.

Dennis

2 hours ago, psdenno said:

>>>> At what serial number did the newer style slotted spoke steering wheel show up on the 1970 Z?  I love a good Z story.

Dennis

Not sure on the exact SN but both my 7/70 HLS3006521 and 12/70 (parts car) HLS3016531 have the early steering wheel without the perforations in the indents.

12 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

Mike, i am going to dis-agree with you on that. the op's first post clearly states the car is for sale at "8-9K". i still believe he should stand by his post and sell it for what he advertised. my dos centavosB)

Yeah I did NOT mean to imply his decision to back out of the original price was the right thing to do...... ;)  I was trying to make everybody happy (as usual). 

I still think we should help this car find a good home. I am interested in seeing someone from this club, or a potential new member, buy this car and restore it. The seller owns it now but he is obviously interested in getting rid of it. Let's do our part and get this CLASSIC Z get to a good home.

As soon as I saw the original post I knew this  would stir up a hornets nest! Looks like the holes for hood emblem are there, and the steering wheel is correct, no cut outs. Only thing I can see is reupholstered door panels. I have a bunch of old emblems in good condition for whoever buys it!

I've made two attempts to contact the seller starting two weeks ago and have had no response yet.

I think the car was priced a little low and prob more in the $12k-$13k range based on the condition from pics. Considering shipping costs for out of state buyers, I would say it would have been a great buy.

If the seller was not sure about pricing the car, then he should not have listed a price that he was looking to get.

Suggestion to the seller the next time you want to sell a car and don't know the value, list the car on eBay with a million dollar reserve, start the auction at a penny and see what it ends for. That will give you an idea of what people are willing to pay for it with no risk to you.

• Like 3

You can also check out Bring A Trailer auction site. They require some up front investment but might be worth it.

I highly recommend replacing the door panels before you list it anywhere else. Those things are hideous and will affect the price. A $500 investment in the door panels should be recouped in the sales price.

Whatever you end up doing, please pass our club referral to the new owner because we would love to see what happens with this car and any restoration progress resulting from the sale. Good luck!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• 3 weeks later...