IGNORED

Weber selection and initial jet tuning

blodi

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

couldn't watch the video. The play bar moves with sound but no video. I have used a match box dizzy with the standard tach.

Try it now....should be fixed.  

In any case...ordered the new dizzy. 

Some thoughts:

1. Is the point-gap adjusting screw(below) turned to hold the sensor off the rotor?
    image.png

2. Is the sensor too close to the rotor?

3.  Did you inspect and lube the springs and breaker plate under the top pieces?

4. Are all screws snug?
Edited by 240260280

6 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Some thoughts:

1. Is the point-gap adjusting screw(below) turned to hold the sensor off the rotor?
    image.png

2. Is the sensor too close to the rotor?

3.  Did you inspect and lube the springs and breaker plate under the top pieces?

4. Are all screws snug?

All good points....I'll inspect tonight.  Any idea on the gap setting? I just installed a pertronix like a month ago on another car of mine, but probably didn't save the little clear "feeler gauge" they send with it. 

Edited by blodi

Ok. So the sensor to rotor gap is tiny...less than half what it should be. I see no way of adjusting it either on this setup.  The two counter sunk screws hold the pertronix into position and there is nothing slotted to allow adjustment.  I can just use one of the screws and that way angle it to adjust the gap. 

85612A0B-D871-45A5-B0D6-E10D19730B8F.jpeg

Yeah, but the two other countersunk screws prevent the plate from moving at all. Its' fixed in position by those two. I removed one of them and adjusted the gap. I'll see how it runs Friday as I'm bring the car in for a car show here at work. 

OK, I marked this up so its a bit more clear...

48307421396_bd2acf88a4_b.jpgDizzy by blodi, on Flickr

1 and 2 hold the pertronix plate (4) to the dizzy plate (6) and it cannot move around from there. I can move 3 around a bit, but it can't move 4 at all. 5 is fixed to 4 with rivets. 7 and 8 both did need to be snugged down a bit.  What I did last night is removed 1, adjusted the gap and tightened down 2.  Not sure if it will hold in position with just #2 in place, but it allowed me to open the gap. 

Edited by blodi