IGNORED

Weber selection and initial jet tuning

blodi

34 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Did the Dyno use a wideband?  It would be interesting to compare.

I wonder where you can get 5 more HP?

They didn’t. Just had him record on mine. 

I know 5 more hp is killing me! 

37 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Weird, I was just thinking of you and this earlier today.  Must have been ths Z FORCE.

195RWHP is F'n AWESOME!!!!!

For the high RPM scatter, usually a distributor refresh with lube can help the high end.  Sometimes the spindle teeth meshing with the worm on crank snout cause timing variation at high rpms according to Frank Honsowetz. He recommends brass teeth. Also it could be poor electronic components in the Pertronix.

Ok.  It’s an odd issue that I did notice the last week or so on the road  6k+ it starts breaking up. You can hear it in the video.  Power was leveling off before the break up, so I don’t think I’m missing out on more hp. But, still need to sort it out.  Oh we tried upping the fuel pressure for one last run and that had no impact on the break up. After I noticed it last week I backed off the timing a couple degrees and I must say that the butt dyno noticed an improvement.  Had it at 40 degrees at full advance before (that’s what Larry told me) and I backed it down to probably 36-38 now.  Is seems there isn’t the same lag from idle to main circuit there used to be.  So I think you may be right on your earlier request to back off timing.  

On 7/13/2019 at 9:48 PM, Patcon said:

I think those numbers are great!

Can you summarize your engine set up for a reference point?

L28 F54/Flattops, .040 bore,  E31 Head which is ported/etc, 500/300 cam, 6-1 header, pertronix igntition.

I looked at the logs last night from the dyno and they are basically identical to the last ones I posted. 

2 hours ago, blodi said:

L28 F54/Flattops, .040 bore,  E31 Head which is ported/etc, 500/300 cam, 6-1 header, pertronix igntition.

I looked at the logs last night from the dyno and they are basically identical to the last ones I posted. 

Who did the headwork? Any idea on compression?

3 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Thanks. I wonder if something is coming  loose in the distributor to cause the break up?

btw the fuel pressure change should not make a difference for carbs.  It is an EFI trick to flow more fuel.

I'll try to take a look. 

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Who did the headwork? Any idea on compression?

The whole engine was built by Ritalon Engineering.  No exact idea on compression.  It runs a 2mm headgasket but, the had has been shaved. 

• Like 1

Ok. Found it way cheaper at Summit..

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaz-31-1002/applications

Found some decent install instructions as well.  I'll order one up and give it a whirl!  Will my stock 240 tach work ok with this swap? I think I read they arent' compatible and that is why I opted for the pertronix.