IGNORED

"European Springs"

tanny

Well, they are just ok for me. Remember mine are on a 240Z. I can't speak for anything about a 280z.

Mine are the Stage I, which are somewhat lower than the spring rates you are quoting. Don't remember the rates off the top right now.

Ride and handling wise I do like them.

Height wise I don't care for them much. They were supposed to lower the car by 3/4". In actual use they RAISED the car. Not sure what that is all about. Maybe its just higher than 35 year old saggy springs. Maybe it has something to do with the the Tokico HP gas shocks. I really don't know why, but I am not crazy about the look. As you can see in this pic, there is a lot of space above the tires in the wheel well.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7461&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Marty

Marty,

I have the exact same problem with my ride height. When I did mine, well over ten years ago, I replaced both shocks (KYB) and springs (MSA Euro) and out it came higher. I was told, “don’t worry, they’ll settle after a while”. Well, here I am after a long while and I would swear some days I think they are growing rather than shrinking. I haven’t a clue what has caused this and it is the one serious detraction in my car. So, if you have any ideas please let me know……

George

Mark,

I like the set-up of KYB with the Euro springs and have had this set up for many years now. It is not soft at all, but rather firm and excellent for everyday spirited driving. Not as harsh as coils over springs certainly and on uneven roads you’re teeth don’t pop loose. However, it was a marked improvement over what I had, it certainly cornered better, there was zero squat on acceleration, and I liked the degree of firmness.

I bought a package deal from MSA with these shocks and springs, as did many others I am sure, and it was the rave of the time for suspension upgrades to a Z.

Again, the ride height is what bothers me. I have to do something as it is driving me crazy. Problem is I don’t want to do something for the sake of doing it and either not get it right or throw off the suspension and handling. Now I’m thinking of either going to the MSA springs or Eibach but that may mean the KYB’s might also have to be changed…. I love these dilemmas…...

George

Thanks George. I have the KYB's already w/ stock springs on my '78 280Z. I was hoping to slightly drop & firm up the handling a bit. Sounds like going to the slightly stiffer Euro springs might help the handling but not drop the car or even raise it. Glad to confirm the KYB's work well with these springs. I don't want to replace the shocks already.

Sounds lik a job for these! I adapted them to take stock and direct aftermarket springs so that I can figure out my ride height and move the perces on another set of struts to coinside-and appear authentic!

Will

Will,

Can you explain this to me?????