IGNORED

Are rubber steering couplers available?

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I learned the very hard way, poly sucks on that application.  Be sure and make matching marks with a Sharpie before you take that apart.  Another lesson I learned the hard way. :(

what is wrong with the poly?

6 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

Poly transmits a lot more vibration then rubber does, when installed in the suspension some of that vibration is soaked up by the drivers seat foam, but on the steering wheel it transmits directly to the hands which can get tiresome and irritating on long drives. For sure the steering will feel crisper in turns with poly but it is a trade off.

I installed a solid nylon coupler and it lasted one season before I replaced it with OEM rubber, much nicer on the arms.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

Way too stiff for a road car.  Would be good on a track car I suppose.  I put one on my 280 when I rebuilt the motor.  The wheel was twitching constantly, put the old rubber one back on after a month or two.  I couldn't imagine having one on a lighter 240 with the original wheel.

12 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

What... You didn't like Nissan's version of a Rubic's cube?

Ha!  My problem happened when the splined rod that connects to the steering wheel slid out of its engagement.  I just guessed at it and slid it back up into place.  Went to the alignment shop and he said the front tires were almost 2 inches off.  Bad guesstimate. :(