IGNORED

mikunis anyone?

Patcon

Nice pickup.

If I ever find a deal, I might pick up a set of triples.  Even if they sit on a shelf for a few years, I'd like to put them on a car someday.  I had a set of Webers on a 240, but I was moving and had to sell the car.  My 280 has a well-functioning EFI, but I would consider swapping it to triples.  My race car has SU's and those are perfect for that application. 

On 12/28/2015 at 9:57 PM, spitz17 said:

Didn't see this thread until now. I bought the set. 

I spoke with the owner for awhile, he explained that he purchased the set from Nissan 8-10 years ago. The carb bodies are the latest type, allowing the fuel inlet brackets to be mounted on either side. He explained that he drove with them on his car for <100 miles but his car suffered some major rust issues (he lived in Chicago at the time). This resulted him parking the car. After speaking with him, he does sounds like a nice guy... I guess I took a risk at his asking price, hopefully the pieces Jerry mentioned won't be damaged. The manifold is a factory Datsun Comp piece, quite rare.

I'll update everyone when they arrive.

I thought I had these purchased. I had asked him about the bent throttle rod prior to making payment arrangements. I was surprised when he said that he had sold them. I guess I should have been more clear in my commitment to purchase. I have a new set of valve bodies put back from the racing days. 

Edited by JLPurcell

Lucky you, that looks like  Datsun Competition Intake too. Those are datsun comp carbs too if I recall correctly. They have that mirrored U on the top. For those looking I got a set of triple 40s that just need to be inspected and I will have a set of 44s for sale once I drop them off to get rebuilt. 

The carburetors arrived today! I got extremely lucky with this set. nismospek is correct in that the set (carbs, isolators, manifold, stacks) was sold by Datsun Competition. Everything mentioned by the seller, including that they were only driven for <100 miles, seems true. Only missing a few easily sourced pieces. The throttle shafts have zero play and the carbs look as though they sat for only a few years. They need some cleaning, some of the plating is faded, but all in all they are seemingly an extremely mint and unmolested set! 

While craigslist can commonly be extremely risky, sometimes you just got to take a leap of faith! In this case, I lucked out.

IMG_6784.JPG

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

IMG_6789.JPG

Edited by spitz17