mikunis anyone?

Patcon

Found this is on craigslist

http://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/5362276653.html

Do you still have the mikunis? What do you want for them? Are they on a
manifold?
Thanks ,Charles

yes I do make me a reasonable offer and yes they are on a manifold with linkage

The question would be what do you think is a reasonable offer?
C

$1000.00 or best offer

I have a set of rebuilt webers sitting in a box ready to go on something, and I am a packrat and new shiny carbs would look good in my nest but I don't have the money right now either. The price isn't bad, if they had been a little cheaper I might have done it. Hopefully someone here will be interested.

I have photos of them and they are on a manifold with linkage and long air horns. They are missing parts which can be a real problem. I had a set I purchased in the 70's took some linkage parts off when I went from the 44's to 50's. When I put the set back together I spent close to $800.00 with Wolf Creek on jets and linkage parts. The valve bodies on the bottom are no longer available and if the valve balls are frozen from setting the are worthless (a machine shop may be able to drill them out and replace them don't know). The point is be careful what you spend on a set, the parts, if you can find them, are expensive you may end up with an expensive set of boat anchors. 

The seller will email pictures of them. I couldn't get them to attach because my internet was acting up. I believe he will ship. Contact him through the link.

I agree with Jerry to be careful. It did seem like some things were missing off the top. I don't know mikunis very well and they don't appear to have just come off a car. Expensive parts could add up quickly...

I have mixed feeling on this. I have tried to find out the overall condition and the repeated reply is they are in working order just need cleaning. He has acknowledged that some parts are missing. When asked to guarantee that the lower valve body is in working order and I will pay his price (part no longer available making a set boat anchors) he simply states they are in working order. Other-words no guarantee.

In the exploded view of a 44PHH it is part #55. It is the valve body for the accelerator pump. It has a metal ball in it that acts as a valve. I have had sets where the ball froze in place due to setting without proper steps taken and had to replace the valve bodies. Last time I tried to purchase from Wolf Creek they said that they were no longer available and without those you are SOL.

Didn't see this thread until now. I bought the set. 

I spoke with the owner for awhile, he explained that he purchased the set from Nissan 8-10 years ago. The carb bodies are the latest type, allowing the fuel inlet brackets to be mounted on either side. He explained that he drove with them on his car for <100 miles but his car suffered some major rust issues (he lived in Chicago at the time). This resulted him parking the car. After speaking with him, he does sounds like a nice guy... I guess I took a risk at his asking price, hopefully the pieces Jerry mentioned won't be damaged. The manifold is a factory Datsun Comp piece, quite rare.

I'll update everyone when they arrive.

Edited by spitz17