IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

On April 8, 2017 at 10:20 PM, sweatybetty said:

from pakistan with love.

ordered these seat covers from interior innovations last sunday. showed up today. my first impression is very good, but i will follow up when i get them installed. it is amazing to me that i can order a part, it gets delivered to my door from halfway around the world, nice quality, but it takes twice as long to get something from somewhere i can drive to in a day.

100_2253.JPG 

I also ordered some seat covers and they came from Pakistan.  I was amazed when they showed up in like 4-5 days.  The ad on EBay said they would do different color stitching, the picture in the advertisement had gold.  In the comment section I asked if I could get silver.  I got no response so my expectations that they would come in w/silver stitching was very low but they did.  I'm very happy with them!  I also stitched in an inflatable lumbar "bag" that I purchased through MSA, I'm glad I did it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

not much going on, waiting on parts. got the rear glass tinted and installed, along with the stainless trim and rear spoiler. the spoiler was a bit of a challenge. the side that contacts the deck is not flat, so with only 2 mounting bolts, it would rock back and forth. i solved that by applying a few dime sized spots of body seam-sealer and actually glued the spoiler to the hatch. no movement at all now, and any water can flow out under the spoiler and hatch
 ordered a carpet kit from z specialties, and have a few more items coming from msa, then i should have everything for the interior. also got the speakers and amp from crutchfield yesterday.
 life is good

i also found a distributor cap with brass terminals at napa

DSCN0217.JPG

DSCN0224.JPG

DSCN0218.JPG

DSCN0219.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty

16 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Oooh you bought those new interior plastic panels, will be very interested to hear what you have to say about them, re fit and finish.

Granny, i test-fit a couple of them and they seem to fit well. i think i need the carpet kit in before installing the plastic. i will post as i get everything installed.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:07 PM, 240260280 said:

Maybe the rotor cap is 180degrees off?  Is it the right one?

i figured out the problem there. when i pulled the distributor apart to grease the centrifugal advance, i installed the part the rotor sits on 180* off. very easy to do