IGNORED

Replacing Exhaust system on my 1972 240z

jalexquijano

I upgraded to the Abarth system after doing a rebuild on my engine.  It is a little pricey and NOS but you can still find the original 30 plus year old exhaust from a few suppliers.  It is a direct bolt that was manufactured in Europe, made exclusively in the 70's for the 240z's with enhanced modifications.

tn_gallery_29793_546_104972.jpg

I have a few more pic's in my gallery.  It has that low rumble and sounds great.

I bought the complete Z store premium exhaust and their header, I'm not very happy with it.  First it didn't fit, I would say this thing was 3 inches too long to fit under the car so it sure wasn't "bolt on".  After trimming and fighting with it I got the pipes close enough to mostly fit under the car but its still not quite right.  The engine drone is horrendous and im young enough to still really like some loud exhaust.  On the high end the pipes sound great but I plan on driving this car.  In the end ill end up taking it to an exhaust shop anyway to get rid of the droning sound and fix the fitment

How was the fit for your guys?  No joke my system was so long the muffler wouldnt clear the rear body of the car until i trimmed a few inches off the pipe and re-flared the muffler slip on area.  Even now its probably an inch or two too long but i convinced it to go in.  I also have the MSA header so the extra length might be in that, but the complete kit didn't work for me.