IGNORED

Redwing's Car - An Update

SteveJ

Thanks Steve, got it.

On pg RA9, if that it what you are leading me to, then visually the front mount insulator is not up to snuff just by looking at the amount of cushion on top. The current one might even be deformed also. I really can't compare as my Z is not available right now.   I've done that before when I rebuilt mine and That should not be too difficult to replace…..if it were on a solid surface. I do remember some of Blue's photos of him working on gravel using pieces of wood for support and thinking, I'm glad I don't have to do that.  Humbled once again, I am.

By the way, I like wild geese. 

Thank you Greg, I was starting to get anxious.about this problem.

Do you think she could be driven for a couple of miles? Or slightly further? I know several people with concrete drives and/or garages that live sorta close by. If she cannot be driven, I can have her (for free) towed there, and drive home. After reading what Steve said, I am not ok with you working on her on jackstands. I did not realize about the gravel danger. You know, newbie inexperience. Duh. Sorry, I was not thinking.

I have less than $100 I can use to buy parts and still have enough to make it this month. Can we go ahead and get some parts, so that she can be repaired relatively soonish? I hate to sound like I am pushy, I am not at all. I just have almost no support to help me with getting to Dr's appointments, and such. Right now I have a Dr appointment this Thursday that I cannot change, or miss. And no idea how I will get there. Understand?

Thank you for your wonderful assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

Jai

Jai,

I was helping Tim today, and he & I were working on a solution. Tim or another friend may have a differential mount we can use. Tim also has a car trailer. He said we can back the car onto the trailer and work through the gap.

Tim can also negotiate with you about the 240Z. If you two can agree to a deal, he could pull it back with him.

• Like 1

Steve,

Fantastic!!! Have you two thought about when this could happen? (The sooner the better. Hahaha...)

What if the U joint needs replacing too?

As to the Redwing deal, you know I said I am not greedy. There is just a couple things that need attention in my life, plus it would be heavenly to have a little savings for RedBird's future needs. Did you mention that I really would like to keep her steering wheel to continue driving with it? That would be so awesome for me! Super sentimental you know, it has been a long road since 1971.

Have you contacted Greg? I'm thinking he said he would like to meet Tim.

Thank you thank you thank you...

Jai

Steve, that is great!

Do you know if it will be on the weekend, or during the week? The week days would make it hard for you to be present, right? Not to worry about me , I will be here, except for Thursday. That is if I can get a way to the Dr. Prayers for that to happen.

Bless you for your efforts you have done for me!

Huge THANK YOU'S...

Jai

• 1 month later...