IGNORED

1973 Rebuild

Finally done with the body harness. In addition to deleting the wires for the speaker and antenna, added a provision for some kind of third/auxiliary brake light next to the license plate light wires, switched to a euro/JDM wiring configuration for the rear combination lights, and added wires for a 12V power supply. Also, I used fuzzy Tesa tape for most of it to reduce potential rattling and their chemical-proof tape near the fuel system, just in case.

IMG_5290.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/8/2023 at 4:00 PM, Matthew Abate said:

☝By the way, does anyone know what this tab is for? I assumed it’s for a clip to hold the coil wire because it’s similar to the tabs for the plug wire clips.

My 73 has a wire clip for the coil and distributor/water temp sender wires on that tab.  Here's the part No.

IMG_8843.JPG

IMG_8844.JPG

Haven't a clue.  Mine shows no signs of ever having an automatic.  Not sure what difference between AT & 4SP could even warrant a change in that area of wiring.  Misprint maybe?   I see a few of them on BAT pics, even earlier years, look the same.

If it was an automatic at one time there is a trans kick down bracket above the gas pedal and you will not have a bump stop on the firewall where the clutch pedal depresses. My 78 conversion proved this and there is extra wiring in trans tunnel.