IGNORED

1973 Rebuild

People who know,

Tell me about piston options for L28s. I'm looking around at different options and I *think* Rebello, Wiseco, and Arias offer something with a 38.1 pin height and 86 to 87 mm diameter, but I can't tell if they offer something with a dome. I saw some domed 88.5mm pistons on eBay made by Robello, but that is far too large.

And the Nissan domed pistons from Europe (part number 12010-p8612 / 12010-p8617) are not super easy to find, obviously, although a set just sold on eBay for $225. I found a pair but they want $900 and keep not answering my question about the diameter. I imagine someone in Europe has them, but I haven't had time to do a power search yet.

So I just got off the phone with Rebello and Wiseco. Both have good options for around the same price. I'll probably end up going with Rebello since I can get the cam and pistons designed and made to go together.

Now it's time to save more cash.

Edited by Matthew Abate

14 hours ago, Patcon said:
What do you want?

I was joking about impossible to find parts like diesel cranks.

Pretty much got my engine plan locked down now, though. Just sorting details and building my money bonfire.

Edited by Matthew Abate

So this was my stupid day:

Woke up at five, on the road to Rome, NY (4 hours away), at 5:15. Great drive the whole way. Pulled over for going 78 in a 55 (was going 68 by the way) 10 minutes from my destination. Get there and the tank is out of a 1975 280z, not a 240. Totally my own fault for being overzealous and not checking the photos more carefully.

Now I'm on my way home having spent $50 on gas and whatever this ticket ends up being, plus all the damned cleaning solvents I've used on the tank that came with my car, and no closer to a good tank. Should have just sent the one I have to be reconditioned professionally.

Some day I will learn when to do it myself and when to spend the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few inches longer, dome on top, and pretty much all the tubes in different spots. I'm sure it can be done as I've seen threads about it, but they all make it sound like a project I don't feel like doing. Found a few possibilities when digging around on the web tonight, so we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk