IGNORED

1973 Rebuild

Okay, so I was not able to work it out with the seller. The best I could get was an offer for a refund but not on the return shipping, so I guess I'll keep it and try to fix it.

The first head came from Asbet Nercissian, aka Pioneer556, in CA. It's been reposted on eBay for even more than he wanted the first time, which is just nuts.

The second head that I'm keeping came from Frankie Williams, aka Zperformanceracing, in NC. Looking like $200 to get it to be as described, so it will cost what the first one did in the end. Still on financial budget.

But I do have some good news: I got the block paint from Mike!

Edited by Matthew Abate
  • Like 1

Okay, did the other side. Next step is cutting the car (BUM Bum buuummmmm).

This makes me fidgety so I'm putting it off until tomorrow or Saturday night.

Image1461844254.530634.jpg

Something weird I noticed: the space available to cut open for these patches isn't the same on either side. The driver's side has about 1/2 inch more space between the wheel well and the panel in the middle that covers this bulkhead. Its not an issue; just a thing I noticed.

Do you guys think it's just a quirk of an old car, or is it intentionally designed in? I think I read somewhere that the drivetrain is not in the center of the car in order to balance the weight of the driver, but then there's the Japanese/British version...

On 4/22/2016 at 9:34 AM, Matthew Abate said:

The first head came from Asbet Nercissian, aka Pioneer556, in CA. It's been reposted on eBay for even more than he wanted the first time, which is just nuts.

Google tells me the guy's located in Glendale.  I hate to say it, but nothing about that sounds like a surprise.  What a pain :-/ 

Weird that eBay won't let you search for a seller, only an item.  Tried to find pioneer556 but got nothing.  Did find a P90 head from him though.  That's a lot of money for a bad head.  Probably get a whole car with the head for that money, somewhere.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-280ZX-Turbo-Cylinder-head-P90A-1981-83-rebuilt-/331837762669?hash=item4d43126c6d:g:XZcAAOSw2ENW64YW&vxp=mtr

pioneer.PNG

pioneer 2.PNG

Did find a P90 head from him though.  That's a lot of money for a bad head.  Probably get a whole car with the head for that money, somewhere.

That's the one I returned to him with the hole in it.

I haven't seen one for under $400 so far. The turbo guys inflated the market pretty bad before they all switched to RB engines and I don't think it has come back down.

I have found tons of engines with 79 heads on them for under $100, though, if that's what one wants.