IGNORED

Datsun Parts LLC - gone to the dark side?

Zed Head

• 5 months later...
On 6/29/2015 at 8:21 AM, John Coffey said:

Al,

Call Darryl about the L20B engine he purchased from you.  Another opportunity to make things right.

Did Al ever handle the situation with Darryl? It's been eight months.

His name is coming up again.  The usual "I got a part that worked so he must be okay" drivel.

On 6/26/2015 at 1:51 PM, URGELIS said:

The old saying is when someone is pissed they tell 1000 people and when they are happy they tell 2. In the age of the internet when you have a bad experience, everyone wants to blast that vendor on-line and in the forums.

I think the truth is that when people get ripped off they feel like fools and don't tell anyone.  Besides that, the people that are pissed on this forum have valid reasons, which you haven't addressed.  Nobody's making things up here.

13 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Did Al ever handle the situation with Darryl? It's been eight months.

His name is coming up again.  The usual "I got a part that worked so he must be okay" drivel.

No.  Daryl is spending another $1,000 getting the engine rebuilt correctly.

Thanks for the follow-up.  I think that I see Al's pattern now, and you kind of have to admire it.  Throw out a few good parts to get some people on your side, to vouch for quality, as bait, then make the big profits from selling the junk.  

Here's a link to the California Secretary of State's site.  A phone call might give some insight on how to proceed for those who feel they got ripped off.

http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

People need to see the trickiness of his warranty.  It's full of outs for him, when things get expensive.

WARRANTY AND RETURNS:

Parts are sold with a 30 day money back guarantee if the terms set below are met. All returns, refunds or exchanges are processed once the original item is returned in unused condition. 

Engines and Heads are guaranteed against excessive smoke and oil consumption, and inadequate oil pressure. Oil/fluid leaks, fuel components, engine cooling systems, and exhaust systems are not covered by this warranty unless proven that they were a result in the part purchased. In order to make a warranty claim on an engine or head, you must provide a record of the date installed, type of vehicle installed in, mileage, and engine number. 

In addition, failure to do any of the following things voids the warranty. (i) Install a new water pump, and thermostat at the same time the engine or head is installed. (ii) Change the oil filter and oil prior to starting the engine, change the oil after the first 600 miles, and change the oil once every 3000 miles thereafter. (iii) Flow-check the radiator and repair it if necessary. (v) Front and rear main seals were be replaced on engines. All engines must be installed by an A.S.E. certified mechanic or other licensed professional shop for warranty to be valid.