IGNORED

Re-Use Your Empty Toothpaste Tubes

TomoHawk

I go through them pretty fast it seems, but they are sort of small, so I have some empty ones in the drawer.  And I wondered if you can re-use them for things.

The first thing I thought of was to put in grease or silicone lube, or Chrome or glass polish, or   any other kind of thick liquid or gel you might use on the car when you travel.

You could also fill it with similar things you might use around the house.  Calking or sealer comes to mind, and that would be a source for even larger tubes.  they'd be be impossible to flush out too.

So I cut one tube open on the sealed end, and now I have one that I can't seal! I think they were heat-sealed, but most people don't have one handy.

So let's discuss what you might do with your empty toothpaste or bathtub calk tubes, probably starting with how you'd reseal one. 

Then we need to figure out how to fill it.  I think a large syringe with a long metal tube to inject it to fill "bottom-up."

Pink Floyd said it best " Hello, is there anybody in there"?

All kidding aside, no I have not wondered what to do with the empty tubes. I guess because I just throw them away. Seems like the right thing to do.

Refilling caulk tubes is common with professional house painters. They tint the caulking (sometimes) to match the paint color.