IGNORED

Z 432 At Rm Auction Amelia Island

26th-Z

Some metal reinforcement and full fibreglass on all corners, hood and hatch would be in the spirit and also low buck.

In the spirit of what?

The only fibreglass pieces on a 1969/70 PS30 Fairlady Z 432 are the headlamp cases / 'sugar scoops'. Same as on any Z built in that same period.

Part of the fallout from the chatter about this sale is the revelation that people still don't know what they are talking about with regard to these cars. The amount of people who are mixing up specs and details between PS30s and PS30-SBs is unreal, and apocryphal stories are popping up all over. Just yesterday there was a guy on Facebook who was convinced that 432s had been sold in a primer finish so that "race teams" could paint them as they chose. Where in heaven's name did he get that from?

So replicas of the fame Lady 432 are on the horizon, that will be a great tribute for the Z. They may

go for over 100 big ones and that will keep the values of the S30 on the high side, I like that.

Edited by Z fan

Boy, the price of emperor's new clothes certainly has gone up.

Apart from a few pounds of weight savings and a cool little engine, what does this 432 offer that you can't get in another early Z for $225,000 less? Badging?

I guess I will never understand the lure of the "original" thing.

You could ask the same thing about anything. Why would you want a vintage Patek Philippe when a G-Shock keeps better time? Why would you want a painting by Matisse hanging on your wall when that poster of the tennis girl pulling her panties out of her crack is so much cheaper?

Next from you: "Diamonds? They're just rocks, man...!"

It's the engine. 

Nope. Not just the engine.

It's the whole package. Including the chassis prefix.

If anybody who is a member of classiczcars.com doesn't get it, then I have to wonder why they are a member of classiczcars.com.

Matisse doesn't do much for me, butt I'm not a tennis fan either. However I would rather have Diseazd's car collection and would still have money in the bank. I want a car I can drive and I would feel bad putting miles on a truly rare car. Not to mention the insurance and the potential for an accident...

C

A DOHC toyota motor and transmission, some fiber glass fenders, quarters, hood, hatch, plexi side windows, spoiler, front grill with stove screen, some orange and black paint and it should look like a suitable tribute.

Throw an ignition switch in the centre console and away you go. Worth at least $100k :)

I'll sell my 72 S30 as it is, with "potential" to become a Z432, starting bids $50k  hahah  Call it the "base" kit for Z432 conversion. ;-)  All kidding aside, it's nice to see some real money being thrown towards a classic Japanese sports car, that's not a Toyota.

A DOHC toyota motor and transmission, some fiber glass fenders, quarters, hood, hatch, plexi side windows, spoiler, front grill with stove screen, some orange and black paint and it should look like a suitable tribute.

Throw an ignition switch in the centre console and away you go. Worth at least $100k :)

We are talking about the Fairlady Z 432, Blue.  Suitable tribute to what, may I ask?  I think you just lost your secret handshake privileges.

Edited by 26th-Z