IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I'm basically starting my journey; I'm in only a couple of weeks.  My wife has asked several times already, "So how long do you think it will take?"  She clearly has plans.

Meanwhile, I'm fitting the garage with a hammock....

20 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Maybe she's just happy seeing light at the end of the tunnel when you come back inside the house and aren't living out in the garage?  Haha!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ETI4K said:

My wife has asked several times already, "So how long do you think it will take?" 

The correct reply is, "As long as it takes, dear. By the way, it keeps me out of the bars, eh?"

46 minutes ago, ETI4K said:

Meanwhile, I'm fitting the garage with a hammock....

I just put a 40" TV in my shop. Still trying to get the HDMI over Ethernet thing to work right, but when I do I'll be able to catch the racing on the weekends, and get work done.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:06 PM, Racer X said:

The correct reply is, "As long as it takes, dear. By the way, it keeps me out of the bars, eh?"

Exactly.  I have a very long history of missing badly when estimating how long something will take, so I'm keeping my mouth shut on that one.  I used to believe I'd get it done in a couple of years.  Then I read Mark's thread! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ETI4K said:

Exactly.  I have a very long history of missing badly when estimating how long something will take, so I'm keeping my mouth shut on that one.  I used to believe I'd get it done in a couple of years.  Then I read Mark's thread! 😉

I figured out a general timeline estimate years ago, and it has proved more accurate than I want to admit.

Figure out the longest time the job could possibly take, then double it and add half. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the front garage this weekend. Got the four post lift installed. Canadian Automotive Equipment brand, 8000lb extended height lift. I can walk underneath it and open the hood on the 370 without touching. 

01B503D6-86BF-4169-9365-F76E4B19CFB3.jpeg

71F379A6-5113-43C6-B31F-205258CB40D2.jpeg

72A8682C-380A-4820-9689-6B3F09B2C4FF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2016 at 7:20 PM, wheee! said:

Thanks! I am enjoying the metal work more than I thought I would. I figure the more pics I take, the better reference for later on as well as to help others in the same process as me.

Indeed, I am replacing my floors now.  I have been rereading the entire section and have been taking notes to copy some of your ideas - like scoring the metal to facilitate bending of your frame connectors and adding a jack plate for starters.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide so much helpful information - especially what the original sheet metal looked like!

• Like 1