IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I'll drop my car off to you on Friday.  I have some rust bubbles on the rear hatch deck, and could use a small patch in the driver's foot well.  

I'd hate to see you having any free time to relax, Chris :P

All kidding aside, I really can't wait to see how the car looks when you get it back!!

• Like 1

The drivers side is a NOS OEM from the local Nissan dealer. They are still available for now... restamps from who knows when but better than the fibreglas piece I had from the PO. I am seriously considering getting the matching one for the passenger side. It's a little rough.

33 minutes ago, madkaw said:

Man I wish I had that amount of time to play - I'm jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I spent over two hours photoshopping ...errrr... cleaning my shop last night. Had to move all the kibbles and bits around so I could move the shell under the downdraft fan for the primer coat application.

Well, Jody has her now and he says he'll have the paint done and ready to return in a month! With any luck I'll be driving it by the end of July. I'm getting the shop cleaned up and started making a list of the correct order of assembly so I don't have to go back re do things or remove something I have already installed. If anyone has any corrections or add ons please mention them.

Exterior,

fuel & brake lines, parking brake cable, gas tank, straps and hoses, differential, hangers and A arms, rear suspension, front suspension, engine/transmission, driveshaft, front and rear brakes, brake and clutch masters, exhaust system, front air dam, emblems, wheels, swaybars, lower to the ground and torque all suspension nuts.

Interior,

headliner, header foam and upper vinyl, rubber body plugs, Murder mat insulation, front windshield, entire wiring harness, dash with instruments, fabric insulation, heater box and fan housing, remainder of the vinyl interior, plastic panels, carpets, seats, all weather stripping, scuff/kick plates, parking brake handle, doors and door glass, hatch and hatch glass, antenna 

What did I miss?

DSCN1362.JPG

• 2 weeks later...