IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

CO here are a few pics of the fuel injection rail, I just realized the other day after talking about this that now that I'm changing the ECU that I can get rid of the low impedance fuel injectors and take advantage of the better selection of high impedance inj. So I have ordered  matched set of 6 from FiveO, https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/30lb-0280156024-blue-devil-bosch

The engine came with 24lb single hole nozzle injectors which are barely adequate for the stock HP, these new ones will be 30lb, 4 hole nozzles and the high impedance will be easier to run on MS.DSCN0221.JPG

Oh and I finished the gas tank.

DSCN0219.JPG

DSCN0225.JPG

DSCN0226.JPG

DSCN0227.JPG

Great. Thanks for the fuel rail pics.

Looking at the intake manifold runners, they didn't do any Siameseing of the cylinders like they did with the Z, did they? They didn't have to because it's a flow through DOHC head instead of having both intake and exhaust on the same side?

And that tank looks great.

They didn't have to Siamese the manifold runners but did Siamese both intake valves ports and both exhaust valve ports for each cylinder.

The air horns extend into the air box and go as far as the long casting mark, you can see how they blended the long runner of the throttle body into the two intake valve ports.

DSCN0597.JPG

DSCN0228.JPGDSCN0229.JPG

Exhaust headers on the other side of the head,DSCN0230.JPGDSCN0338.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Thanks for the additional pics. Still thinking those intake runners would really look sweet on an L6 engine.

Maybe you can do some show-n-tell of the BMW stuff when I'm in the area for Zcon?

Sure, that would be fun, but my place is about 45 min.- 1hr  drive north of the host hotel.

On July 2, 2016 at 4:38 AM, EuroDat said:

Chris, A piece of advice. It's nice to talk about all these problems with us datsun guys, but in reality we are not the experts. Approximate knowledge is about the best you will get from us. There might be a couple that play with bmw's, but chances they know a lot about motronic 1.0??

You need to get on the Bimmerforums or the Firstfives. They can help you a lot with this, and from what I have seen both forums are friendly. You might get some culture shock when you tell them what you are doing.

Don't think you'll experience any culture shock at Bimmerforums.....my son (Five and Dime) put a Chevy Competion LS 7 in his 2003 BMW wagon. Getting a BMW to communicate with a Chevy engine and A/C is quite a task. The guys on the Bimmerforums loved it. So did Motor Trend Magazine. They are running it at Road Atlanta this Fall and filming it for their YouTube channel.

• Like 1