IGNORED

Ferrari 250 replica based on a 260Z wants $ 100,000

I don't really like the idea of driving a fake anything, but I think for about 30-40k this would be a steal. Anything above that would be only for someone who's into this niche market.

You can buy a barely driven GTR for what this is asking. To each their own.

The GM engine and trans combo really let it down as an exotic replica. That said, dropping a V12 in it would certainly increase the asking price based on build price alone. IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Ti wehar

The Stallion title makes this real, so the price tag was a STEAL .

That is probably why Ferrari went after the people making the kits- because they are really just cheap knock-offs, and somebody might want to pass one off as real.

• 1 month later...

Just an opinion - I've always felt there's less point in creating a replica GTO if you're not going to use a Ferrari 250 GT as your donor chassis.  IMHO, part of what makes these cars special is how they look, AND how they feel/sound/ride/handle - something which really can only be duplicated if you're using similar parts. 

A quality Ferrari-based GTO replica used to run about $250K maybe 6-7 years ago - these days much, much more.