• USA - Northeast
    • USA - West coast
    • Canada
    • Australlia - East
    • Australlia - West
    • Europe
    • Other

There are several of us in The USA south

I'm in Florida.....There's about 5 or so active members who are from Florida also.

I would also consider Arkansas As south as it gets. Remember the civil war? Arkansas supplied the confederate army with the most troops.

billramsey2002- Not the only Arky, My hole family lives in Little Rock. I visit every summer along with all the holidays. A good two thousand mile round trip 2-3 times a year.

-Brandon

Originally posted by lordbiotree

.............I would also consider Arkansas As south as it gets. Remember the civil war? Arkansas supplied the confederate army with the most troops...............

1. The USA supplied most of the troops in the Iraq war. Does that make us Iraqi?

2. The poll is geographical in nature, not ideological.

Originally posted by Bambikiller240

1. The USA supplied most of the troops in the Iraq war. Does that make us Iraqi?

2. The poll is geographical in nature, not ideological.

True ..but to totally eleminate or overlook the Southern region all together is what the beef is. The country is divided into regions, North or North East, South or South East, Midwest and the West, so the point that was being made was that the southern states are not in the North East nor the Midwest..but are in the South.

SC NC VA KY ARK MI LA TX GA AL are regionally in the south and maybe add WV to the list as well, obvioulsly these states are south of the Mason Dixon line and geographically would be Southern ..not in a region with Ohio Indiana New York or Maine..that was the point...

Not trying to make a mtn out of a mole hill but if we are going to have regions then at least have the correct states in the correct region...

77 Z

Originally posted by 77 Z

SC NC VA KY ARK MI LA TX GA AL are regionally in the south and maybe add WV to the list as well, obvioulsly these states are south of the Mason Dixon line and geographically would be Southern ..not in a region with Ohio Indiana New York or Maine..that was the point...

Not trying to make a mtn out of a mole hill but if we are going to have regions then at least have the correct states in the correct region...

77 Z

I 100% agree that there should have been a "USA - South", or more accurately a "USA - Southeast" catagory, but unfortunately a mistake was made.

I assume that by MI (which is Michigan), you actually meant MS (which is Mississippi) and that FLorida, and TeNnesee were omitted from your list by accident. Which I believe is the same situation that occurred when billcapp began the thread. (BTW, he's located in FL) I'm fairly sure that Bill didn't leave out his own region intentionally. Once the poll was established, the website software would not allow it to be changed to correct the omission.

For whatever it's worth, The regional maps I have seen, place states (such as OKlahoma, ARkansas, TeXas) that are west of the Mississippi geographically in the Midwest region even though they may have been considered Confederate states..

Correct I ment Mississippi not Michigan...and as far as Texas is concerned...hell its a country not a state..Our daughter was born in Houston has not lived in Texas for 17 years she is 19 ..ask her where she is form..and while she has lived in SC for the last 17 years...her answer..TEXAS...in particular Houston...and damned proud of it as well...to there would be all the regions and then Texas alone...:classic: :classic:

77 Z

Me and my 260z are situated in north, near Russian Border. www.jns.fi is the website for my home town.

My car has been imported from Florida in early 80's.

At the moment the weather is getiing better and warmer. snow is melting rapidly and summer seems to be coming :) Jiihaa... That means that I can drive around in my Z:)