IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

Bummer. I doubt there's any recourse from the company from which you purchased the wheels. You've probably had them longer than any warranty period, but it's not like they've seen any significant mileage.

Bad enough that you could see it with the naked eye... How does that make it out of the factory?

• Like 1

Ouch that's right...you had them powder coated. Even if you decided to replace the one rim do you think the powder coat will match the others well enough? I'd be afraid it wouldn't.  

Probably not, but at this point i'm not too worried about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt,

As everyone has said, it's amazing!

Quick question I was wondering about with your motor. Do you get much of the gurgling popping noises? How's your torque coming out of a corner in 2nd gear at 3k RPM?

Cheers,

Jason

Matt,

As everyone has said, it's amazing!

Quick question I was wondering about with your motor. Do you get much of the gurgling popping noises? How's your torque coming out of a corner in 2nd gear at 3k RPM?

Cheers,

Jason

Thank you.

Not much gurgling or popping, maybe a little while decelerating. As far as torque goes, not a whole lot around 3k but between 4-5k.....OH BABY!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I feel so sad that this thread is idle now.....

Haha, yeah its definitely slowed down. Ive been enjoying taking it out on cruises this summer. I had to replace the U joints in the half shafts, so that took a while. Next week it will be going on the dyno to get some final tuning done.

I have some plans for this winter......stay tuned. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All new yellow zinc hardware from Fastenal

attachicon.gif66560.attach

I wanted to get all yellow zinc hardware like you did from Fastenal, but when I called to put in my order they only had a couple screws.  Did you outsource the zinc plating, or did just happen to have everything you needed?  It's for a BMW btw.

Cheers

Finished my dyno run yesterday. This was my first time on a dyno so it was pretty exciting,

post-28616-0-60338600-1440038898_thumb.j

Ended up with 238 peak whp and 215 tq. Not horrible, but I think we can do some more tweaking. But I am super happy with that power curve!

This was on 91 octane. The 1st run (in Blue) is with the RAMAIR foam filters, and the red run is without filters. Good to know.

Edited by HaZmatt
  • Like 3