IGNORED

[2014] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

I bought the slotted and drilled rotors, $70 each, and Wagner ceramic pads $14. $160 from rockauto.com shipping and all. Then remanufactured calipers from Advance with a 30% coupon code, $20 each and a can of red caliper paint for $5. 4 stainless braided caliper to hardline hoses off e-bay from Apex, $50.

I also bought a remanufactured 7" brake booster from rockauto.com for $106, I get $20 or $25 back for the core when I send it back. I'm very happy with the results so far but I've only driven it for maybe 30 minutes. And SUPER SORE! Sat cross legged all day Saturday.

# rockauto.com has a 5% coupon code that almost covers shipping, http://www.retailmenot.com/view/rockauto.com #

Edited by siteunseen

Yeah I use the 5% all the time. Have been replacing parts on my wifes 05 altima that has 162,000 miles.

I guess you had cores for the calipers? No noise from the ceramic pads? I'm thinking about the rotors myself. Hmm..., but I may to do a head gasket. Guess I better wait.

Looks good! I like how nice the calipers came out.

I'm glad to hear you take advantage of the 5% code, sneaky rockauoto has you put it in a trick question box, "Where did you hear about us?"

Those pads seem really smooth, not grabby at all. That could be the rotors though? My old ones were shot so anything I did was an improvement. Rears are next weekend hopefully.

Hopefully you'll just need to replace the HG to get rid of your leak.

Edited by siteunseen

Lately Iv'e been having problems with my door locks. The key would not unlock the car door locks but I could lock them using the key, barely. Aggravating! I pulled the panels off, removed the locks and noticed some considerable wear on them. I now understand why they didn't work right. I decided to switch sides with the locks. Reversed the "L" shaped arms on the back of the locks, installed the locks and now they work perfect! They lock and unlock with the key now. Just like brand new.

The other thing I did, and it was a PITA, was replace the door hinge pin bushing on the passenger side door. It had flat spotted causing an ear piercing horrible sound when opening the door all the way. Been like that for about 3 years. I recommend having a buddy to help you. So a couple "fix it" jobs went well. I'm going to put the door panels back on tomorrow after I give them some detailing.

Drove the Z from the SF peninsula to Inverness in Tomales Bay to attend a dinner. Lovely coastal area, curvy roads through forest and coastal scrub.

This morning we drove out into Point Reyes national seashore. The roads were pretty rough, so we turned around after about 5 miles. Even so, it was still worth the drive.

The Z ran great the whole time and was a pleasure to drive. The car generated a few admiring "thumbs-up" signals and lots of smiles. All-in-all, a good Z weekend.