IGNORED

'71 240Z EAS seat

monster875

is it a car u have at home?

I wish I did......

The car is the actual 1971 East African Safari Winning car ( Japanese reg: 'TKS 33 SA 1223', Chassis number 'HS30-00073' ) and it is part of Nissan's 'Heritage Collection' housed at the old Zama plant in Japan.

I've seen and photographed it many times over the years, as I have a deep and ongoing interest in Nissan's works race and rally cars.

could u give me ur collection of pics u have of it?

Sorry, but no. I have hundreds of photos of this particular car so it would be a logistical problem to 'give' them to you, as well as a philosophical one.

A better reference for your purposes might be Tamiya's 1/12 scale model kit of the car. Especially so for the exterior graphics. You can still find them for sale now and then.

Alan T.

ok, finished the tripmaster, it's looking awesome now. tho, i just noticed a little button next to it, but unfornutaly, it's mounted on the OTHER side, closer to the driver side than the Halda. so unless i could get a pic of how it looks 100%, it might be done wrong :(

If you're going into that level of detail, I don't know how you can hope to be accurate without detailed photos of every part on the car.

There are literally thousands of non-standard parts and details on a Works rally car, and every car was unique in some way.

This pic is out of focus, but it shows the knob mounted to the right of the centre Halda. This knob is a rheostat for the navigator's Halda-illuminating 'P' light that's above it:

post-2116-1415082611817_thumb.jpg

Edited by HS30-H

• 4 weeks later...

it have been a while.

but i'm pretty much close to the finish of the interior. what i'm missing it only the plastic part hanging under the glovebox, seat belts and finish the door panels (plus a little more stuff, but not alot).

u have any good pics of the door panels + the part under the glovebox?