IGNORED

1972 Float Adjustment ...

240Z240Z240Z

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, siteunseen said:

I know if I leave my choke lever pulled back overnight the bowls empty until the level gets even with the nozzle's top.

I'm sure you probably already know why this happens, but just in case...

There are no real seals on the seam between the nozzle and the cylinder in which it slides up and down in the carb body. You don't really need a seal there as long as it's a good precision fit. Sure, it'll leak a tiny amount of air up through that seam when the engine is running, but not enough to matter.

Also, under normal circumstances, that seam never sees liquid fuel. But if the bowl level is high enough, and the nozzles are pulled down far enough, that seam will be exposed to liquid fuel. And it's not meant to be liquid tight. If there isn't engine vacuum to pull that fuel up, it'll leak down (as you found out).

Natural gas water heater?

On 17/3/2018 at 1:17 PM, Mark Maras said:

@jalexquijano Where are your mixture screws now and how is it running?

rear and front carbs at 3.5 turns clockwise.  Should i keep on closing the gap between the float and lid by bending the tang a little more? First 3 pictures are related to the rear carb, the last 2 to the front carb.

20180318_185527.jpg

20180318_185329.jpg

20180318_185307.jpg

20180318_184116.jpg

20180318_184200.jpg

Edited by jalexquijano

13 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Natural gas water heater?

Yes!  It's a little scary some mornings when I first go down stairs.  I'm going electric when that one needs replacing but gas is so much cheaper and HOTTER. 

I need it air tight to keep out the humidity I'm fighting for about another $50 a month on the power bill.  My neighbor says a dehumidifier is nothing but a backwards air conditioner?  One day I'll be taking my weekly morning shower and the water heater will fire up and BOOM!

Image result for dr strangelove

17 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Me thinks you got that one, congratulations. :)

I would put that one to bed, in the winner's box, knocked out, homerun, touchdown!

jalex carb.png

Now this is the rear one at idle which i think still needs more bending of the tang. However i could be wrong.

20180308_183412.jpg

20180318_185619.jpg

20180308_183347.jpg

@jalexquijano I agree with Cliff. Raise the fuel level in the rear carb to the same level as the front carb. Reset the mixture screws to 2 1/2 turns, check to be sure that fuel isn't pooling on top of the nozzles and drive it. When the engine is warm, if the engine seems like it lacks power under acceleration, SLOWLY pull the choke while accelerating. If the fuel mixture was too lean, adding choke will richen up the mixture and you'll feel the performance boost under acceleration. If adding a little choke improves performance, drop the mixture screws 1/2 turn and try it again.

@siteunseen Tick tock, tick tock! Time keeps on slip'n, slip'n, slip'n, into the future. Fly like an eagle.

• Like 1