IGNORED

1972 Float Adjustment ...

240Z240Z240Z

I see the float is tilting a little, but it's probably OK. It might just be the weight of the float. I wouldn't try to un-tilt it unless it's proven to be jamming against the side of the float bowl. Messing with the tilt of the floats can cause them to jam, so don't fix unless broke.

1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

Yeah, inclined is what I remember. You can check the level at 3 1/2 turns but remember the level is supposed to be at 2 1/2 turns. If you're having trouble seeing the fuel level at 2 1/2 turns, pull the choke. That will pull the nozzles down and you will be able to see how low the fuel level is and hopefully, how far it has to come up.

Could you be able to take some pictures of your carb nozzles at 2.5 turns clockwise? It will really help me a lot as reference.

1 hour ago, jalexquijano said:

Could you be able to take some pictures of your carb nozzles at 2.5 turns clockwise? It will really help me a lot as reference.

A pic isn't going to be as good as you looking at your own nozzles at 2 1/2 turns. If you're not sure which part of the nozzle assembly we're talking about, pull the domes and pistons. Adjust the mixture screw all the way  down (clockwise) while looking down into the carb from the top. You'll see the center part, with the hole in it, drop as you turn the mixture screw. I suggest that you keep adjusting the nozzles down until you see fuel pool on top of the nozzle. That should help show how high the float fuel level needs to be raised. Turn the mixture screws back to 2 1/2 turns down and keep adjusting the floats until the fuel level is 1/16" below the top of the nozzles. You're getting there. At this rate you'll beat Cliff. His floats took three months.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

A pic isn't going to be as good as you looking at your own nozzles at 2 1/2 turns. If you're not sure which part of the nozzle assembly we're talking about, pull the domes and pistons. Adjust the mixture screw all the way  down (clockwise) while looking down into the carb from the top. You'll see the center part, with the hole in it, drop as you turn the mixture screw. I suggest that you keep adjusting the nozzles down until you see fuel pool on top of the nozzle. That should help show how high the float fuel level needs to be raised. Turn the mixture screws back to 2 1/2 turns down and keep adjusting the floats until the fuel level is 1/16" below the top of the nozzles. You're getting there. At this rate you'll beat Cliff. His floats took three months.

Now it finally runs good and I won't drive it.  They'll need to be rebuilt in a year or two (I hope). :P

• Like 2

Wrong. The fuel level should be around 1/16" below the little hole in the nozzle(nozzle top). The fuel should not puddle on top of the nozzle. The 1/16" fuel level below the nozzle top is so we can lower the nozzles to 3 or even 3 1/2 turns if we need to and the fuel won't be puddling on the nozzle tops. The 1/16" gives us room for fine tune adjustments.

1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

Wrong. The fuel level should be around 1/16" below the little hole in the nozzle(nozzle top). The fuel should not puddle on top of the nozzle. The 1/16" fuel level below the nozzle top is so we can lower the nozzles to 3 or even 3 1/2 turns if we need to and the fuel won't be puddling on the nozzle tops. The 1/16" gives us room for fine tune adjustments.

Ill take pictures as where it is right now at 3.5 turns so you can guide me