IGNORED

Rota RB Rims Fitment Question

galban

I have always wondered why I have seen so many RB's running without the caps. I have all of mine on, but don't remember if or what I did to make them work. It might have something to do with my Wildwood rotors? I think I did wind up smashing the bearing cap slightly to give the cap room. My wheels are +4 offset

Im all original don't fit. Need about 1/2to 5/8 on the cap. i have 16x8 +10. I even put a 6mm spacer.Didn't help. question. with 6mm do i need to change the studs? I called Rota to see if they sell different size caps .

To all here is the TRUTH about Rota RB rims.

I’m surprised the all that have stagger rims on their Z can’t see the different on the rims for them self and share this information with others.

Rota RB 16X7 +4 or +10 will fit the Z front hub with no problem.. But if you go to 16X8 +4 or +10 they are a totally DIFFERENT rim they are call Rota RBR which this rim will NOT fit the Z front hub.

I wish I knew this information before I bought these rims. I hope this will help other Z cars owners

Interesting. But to be honest, I can't recall ever hearing of anyone having staggered sizes in this rim before. Generally a Z is fairly well balanced (unlike my Porsche) and benefits from having all four the same size.

18Racing.com shows rb and rbr, the wider "royal lip," and they sell stagger (7.5 rb & 8.5 rbr x 17 and 6 rb & 8 rb x 16) sets, and site shows inventory. Galban, are all four of your rims same? What measure? Site may be helpful, as you can zoom on photos and see rim depth difference, rb vs rbr. Is there a difference in thickness of the wheel mounting face, perhaps? Will the rim fit the front with bearing dust cap removed or flattened? Interesting problem. Like to know how this works out for you. I had settled on a 17" stagger set of these, but haven't ordered yet. Thanks for posting.