IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

Funny thing...in the pic2 like siteunseen said... There is a happy face to the left and a heart in the middle :)

Nice paintjob ;) can't wait to see your car ready ;) I only can imagine how you feel ;) you can't sleep at night right? :)

Didn't even notice that haha. I managed to sleep ;)

I can't drive the car for now anyhow, need to wait till the spring comes settling in, but in the meanwhile I can get it ready again for the road.

Yup. Was with the paint shop yesterday and they are allready putting everything back on the car with new seals etc. I picked up the bumpers today back from chrome plating, really " shiny " !  I will have to be patient and carefull putting it back on the car haha.

2mzsi9.jpg

oidncl.jpg

105bapt.jpg

nq5oyd.jpg

hwfspl.jpg

140err7.jpg

I sent the previous owner Alan van Gundy some pictures of the car and here's his reaction:

:)

Hey, thanks for the pictures!  Looking good,  glad you kept the same blue - it is a pretty color.  Looking forward to pictures after you get it all put back together.  I hope you get years of pleasure from the Z after all the hard work and investment! 

Merry Christmas!

On Dec 18, 2014 3:19 PM

Alan VanGundy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was putting together the chrome bumper parts, but as I was doing, it just peeled of on the inside of the bumpers, and all rust and everything. Thought...wtf !

Called the chromer, and they say everything will be re-done thankfully, after a good conversation ;) There's a picture with the bumpers, but they are off again now, they will go back on monday morning.

Heres some pictures if the car with the new paint ( there's dust on it and everything, but I will polish and wax it once the weather starts clearing up in the spring and I have some time.

4l0w20.jpg

1zg9cig.jpg

2v1kxlc.jpg

2a769ux.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Bart. It will be great when its finished and ready for the summer.

Chas

So far now it's finished, only waiting for the bumpers to come back. I was told from the chroming shop that it would be about 4 weeks.

The 71 Mustang has also arrived in port, and going to pick it up monday, so I will have plenty to do when the weather cleares up haha :D