IGNORED

Reproduction S30 parts NLA.......

9teen7t240z

Gents,

Blimey $85 from Nissan US, I brought mine about 4 years ago for about £30 from Nissan UK, you can see them on Yahoo auctions for about $33 (just looked)...obviously shipping but at least you can get them, does that help? Obviously you would have to use a proxy bid site, but hey that is the price you have to pay. So if that what Nissan US want for them, repros look an option.

Edited by RIP260Z

Robert, (and others),

Thanks again for all of your input. I do think the radio faceplate would be a good candidate for reproduction, particularly since they didn't seem to be very durable when new. I would think that the radio knobs should be included too. Looks like I'll have to do a little more research on the heater / firewall pieces......am not quite sure as to how often these parts are replaced (demand), and there still does seem to be a supply of them available.

Along the lines of the radio faceplate, does anyone know whether the heater control console faceplates are currently available??

Mike

Mike,

If you are referring to the heater control panels, there are several vendors that sell reproductions:

Motorsport: Motorsport! Heater Control Panels - The Z Store, Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts

Zedd Saver: http://zeddsaver.com/interior/heater%20bezel-large.jpg

I know there's one more vendor, but I can't remember the name off hand.

Robert S.

Mike,

From another discussion about 240Z radios (AM and AM/FM), what do you think about reproduction radio face plates? It sounds like they are hard to come by in decent condition. I'm guessing over the years people replaced their original radios and trashed the faceplates. For instance, one of the previous owners of my car replaced the AM radio with a "newer" radio. He reused the original faceplate, but hacked it up to fit the new radio in. Thankfully my car came with a spare original AM radio and faceplate. The faceplate does need a "facelift" though.

Robert S.

Yeah a replica of the original am radio would sure be a must

also original early model bumpers are hard to find, I did find a replica kit but from stainless stell, and they ask almost 1000 euro for that..

• 2 months later...

UPDATE ON THREAD:

I bet everyone thought that I had abondoned the thread due to being overwhelmed by the responses/requests, but, such isn't the case. It has been an immense project to sort through the parts that have been requested, as I had to use multiple resources to try and determine what was truly NLA vs. that which some people thought was NLA. The research was made more complicated by the fact that the reproduction market is quite dynamic.....parts that were often obsolete yesterday suddenly show up in the marketplace today. Consequently, trying to choose targets for reproduction is much like trying to catch a falling knife.

Having said that, I DO have some progress to report. My partner is currently overseas obtaining quotes for the reproduction of some 12 separate items, all of which have been mentioned on this thread. This is due, in large part, to both the input from the community and the generosity of some of the membership through donations (loans) of demo parts. We are not limiting our focus to these dozen or so parts, as my partner will be overseas for another 5-6 weeks on this trip. It is hoped that, before my partner returns to the US, we will be able to obtain quotes for numerous other pieces that you requested.

Now, for the bad news. Due to the fact that certain "competitive interests" may be working on some of the same parts, I am hesitant to specifically mention which parts are being sourced......at least for now. I will say that ALL of the parts that we are working on now are made of plastic, and all have been mentioned before throughout this thread. It is my hope that I will be in a position to be much more specific by early this coming week.

Thanks again for everyone's past and future contributions to the effort.

Mike