IGNORED

[2013] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Cleaned the K&N's, they were dirty maybe from the backfires or it's just been a while. Pulled off the domes and sprayed everything with carb cleaner. Took out the old N58's and put in some N27's. The N27's look a little thinner. Put a new nozzle on the front one, ran out of daylight so put the other new nozzle tomorrow.

Only glitch was one of the old needles wouldn't come out easy. Put some scotch tape on it before using the pliers but scratched it near the base anyway. Then I read the manual - says you're supposed to turn and pull at the same time - when I did that it came right out. Heard the N58 needles are no good so no big deal I guess.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it makes a difference.

I took the day and installed some of my NOS finds: Choke cable assembly, air cleaner, fuel rail, washer bottle, and am waiting for my NOS tire to arrive for my spare compartment. I have been wire brushing nuts, bolts, fuel rail, etc... for plating next week. I like having spares. I will be having black, yellow and clean zinc plating done. I pulled apart a rear bumper to send to be plated at Tri-City Plating in TN. I sent out a early AM/FM radio and a early AM auto search radio to B C electronics in PS for complete rebuild they should be finished in a week or two. I am hoping to get all of this complete before I start on the restoration of the 72 FJ40 I acquired this past spring.

Ordered Raybestos calipers from Rockauto and replaced brake calipers on both sides last saturday, the inner piston on the driver side caliper where stuck, right side caliper is still ok, so i keep it for spare.

fantastic weather here lately. with storage season coming up I thought I better wash and wax the zed. just noticed I have a head lamp out. that might be a winter project. should I do both lamps?

By way of suggestion, replace both lamps with Cibie lenses and quality H4 bulbs...You will be amazed!!

There's lots of good info here on CZCC.