IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

It has been a while since a serious update on the 240Z has happened. it was a bit of a hectic time the last few weeks. Aside from marrying my wife and having a three-week / 4850km road-trip to sweden and back (See here) we also started building our House including a big Workshop and Garage (See here), which will be the final home of the Z, and where it will be assembled.
At least my bodyshop guy was working during my absence and sent me some updates from the Z. No big things, but again those small details that matter and make the difference between a cheap resto and a bit more serious one. The door gap at the rear fender has been adjusted and aligned, so that it will have a perfect fit. Before:
IMG-20180718-WA0002-Kopie.jpg

IMG-20180718-WA0003-Kopie.jpg

And after my Panelbeater worked his magic. Looks absolutely lovely if you ask me.
Now just hope fore some more work getting done soon :)
IMG-20180730-WA0000-Kopie.jpg

Oh, and waiting for some interesting reads from Japan too ?

• Like 2

This is just a short (but important) update. The right hand side rear lower corner has been re-attached (replacement part cutout from a donor car, which i found in America) to the car. This means the right side is complete again. At least from the outside. Now just floors, roof, rear and left side left *lol*. allthough i think the most complicated part of the body restauration is completed now. Still will take a lot of months until the rest is completed..
IMG-20180809-WA0005-Kopie.jpg

On 8/3/2018 at 2:08 AM, Patcon said:

What was the technique for adjusting the gap? Did he cut it and reweld it or some other technique?

As far as i know, hee used oldschool hammer and dolly technique to re-shape it.. he's an oldschool perfectionist without a lot of modern day machines. Just takes his time (and my money *lol*) but the results are outstanding.

24 minutes ago, JDMjunkies.ch said:

As far as i know, hee used oldschool hammer and dolly technique to re-shape it.. he's an oldschool perfectionist without a lot of modern day machines. Just takes his time (and my money *lol*) but the results are outstanding.

Yes! His metal work is outstanding. I would have to cut that and reweld or something else equally drastic to close those gaps up.

• Like 1

While i'm busy building my garage/house/Workshop i don't have a lot of time to spend on the cars, but still from time to time i get some things done. like looking for interesting reads. Today this arrived from japan: A set of  Nissan service announcement Book No. 184 "Introduction of Fairlady Z". With tons of information about the then new Fairlady Z.
P1200666-Kopie.jpg

Still need to read through it (and my japanese isn't Very well). but so far i already found some really interesting information in there... For examlpe here the different badging on the different japanese versions of the cars are explained. Sure you find this information in the parts manual as well, but there is a lot more background information and additional information in this books and i absolutely love it ?
P1200667-Kopie.jpg

7 hours ago, newtonhubcap said:

Great project! Maybe you metal beater dude would like to vacation in Wisconsin for a week beating on another metal project? My 1971, cheap for me to fly him here than ship my car to him. ?

Unfortunately he's at the hospital now. he had planned to work on the car during the next week, but can't at the moment. hope he gets well soon...

• 2 weeks later...