IGNORED

Considering selling the Z...

JonnyRock

Don't get me wrong, I still love her. I'm just not in love with her anymore. And there's a new car (that could be) in my life.

I really enjoyed the Z when she was my daily driver. Honestly she's not the best DD, but overall it was a great few years. Now however, she sits in the garage too much. I rarely take her out. I enjoy it when I do, but I really need an exciting DD back in my life (I'm currently driving a 15yo Exploder) and selling the Z would do that for me.

Next month will be 5 years of ownership, but I may not make it much past that.

*For those wondering, the new car is the Subaru BRZ. Which is very much a modern day Z car.

Edited by JonnyRock

You'll be sorry if you sell it.
You know what? That's not always the case. Some of us enjoy our cars for a while, and then it's time to move on. Don't get me wrong - a nice 240Z is a great car. But that doesn't mean it's the ONLY great car to have....

The BRZ is one of the coolest cars I've ever seen.....inside and out. Get white......the best color for a BRZ....IMO.

I went in wanting one in World Rally Blue (the only color not shared by the Scion FR-S) but came away really liking the darker Galaxy Blue Silica. There was a white one, but it’s a pearlescent white and I’m not a fan. If they offered a regular white I’d be more inclined.

I've been eyeing the BRZ as well, but not so sure I'd sell the Z to get one. Have you driven the BRZ yet? They are non existent in my area so far.

Yep, drove it the other night. It’s a neat car. And I really do feel it’s like a modern day Z car. Lightweight, decent power, excellent chassis, nothing extra to weigh it down or overcomplicate it.

You'll be sorry if you sell it.

Always a possibility.

You know what? That's not always the case. Some of us enjoy our cars for a while, and then it's time to move on. Don't get me wrong - a nice 240Z is a great car. But that doesn't mean it's the ONLY great car to have....

Thanks Arne. That's how I feel. I've had my fun with it and it's time to move on. I may regret selling it sure, but I just as easily may regret not buying the BRZ.

Well thats a low serial number, original Z, you should be able to get good money for her. I would think at least 12-15k?

Don't get me wrong, I still love her. I'm just not in love with her anymore. And there's a new car (that could be) in my life.

I really enjoyed the Z when she was my daily driver. Honestly she's not the best DD, but overall it was a great few years. Now however, she sits in the garage too much. I rarely take her out. I enjoy it when I do, but I really need an exciting DD back in my life (I'm currently driving a 15yo Exploder) and selling the Z would do that for me.

Next month will be 5 years of ownership, but I may not make it much past that.

*For those wondering, the new car is the Subaru BRZ. Which is very much a modern day Z car.

I have been in the same spot before with several cars, right around the 5 year mark too. A '88 IROC-Z and a '98 Accord Coupe V6, both were DD's, served their purpose well and were very loyal to me. However you know when its time to move on and when it comes it best to sleep on it for a day or two and if you are still ready to sell then do it. If you ever want another Z they will be out there, no one is crushing them anymore as more people become aware and appreciate them. This of course will slowly drive the prices up but that also means more people are putting money in to the ones that can be saved. The BRZ and FR-S are sweet cars. I too have thought the same thing about them, a modern Z type car for the modern times. The 370z is a great car and a true Z in the fact it comes from Nissan. But from a price stand point they are still a semi-lux 2-seater sports car. The BRZ and FR-S are more like what the Z was and I truly appreciate that. $25K is still a lot but at least the automakers are making something fun, sporty, and affordable for a lot of people.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, I am sure you will make the right choice. If you do decide to sell your Z I agree with Doug, you should see good money for your car. That along with selling your Explorer will make one heck of a down payment or just sock it away in the bank and get a ultra low interest rate if you can.