IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

Is the sound the engine makes something that can spoil the S30 experience? Some people like the factory sound (if you have an original car) and some people like the Ferrari sound....

I've had an aftermarket 1970s vintage exhaust system on my 240 for about 35 years and prefer the throaty sound over the stock exhaust note - especially on a foggy morning. For me, it adds to the sports car's appeal.

After years of driving "quiet" contemporary cars, I was pleasantly surprised by the burbling sound of the exhaust on my Infiniti. It adds another dimension to the driving experience.

Dennis

That ebay car is the Zhette! Why?

There is no other sound i've heard that I like better than a throaty sounding L6 with some good exhaust on it. I really agree a foggy morning does reverberate that sound very well!!!

I agree with the sound of the L6. This one's and L31 with triple webers somewhere in Sweden and its kind of foggy out.

post-25833-14150819989633_thumb.jpgNice exchange on the neat sounds emitted by Z's. I will like to know on what a proper stance and tire size does to this marvel of a car, IMO the original stance and the skinny 14'' rubber on the S30 was a bit to 4X4ish .....a close/tight tire gap on all corners wheel wells gives this baby an impacting look, mine has the 16''Panasport's and 225.50 16 tires and to me it is the proper stance..;) A Zness in Z or not ?,,,,,,a shot of Mike's(one of two/work in progress) Z that is lower than a stock one and mine :cool: Edited by 72 OJ

post-25833-14150819990362_thumb.jpgMike I F%k LOVE MY Z :love:,,,,,,,,nice shot with a phone cam :cool: Z or not, bastard who cares, Frankthefk so what, puke I don't think so , duck_ hell no_ a swan yes,the soul is there ;) I invite you to see her, click on pic for a large view, aint she a pretty Z :classic: Edited by 72 OJ

My opinion (which don't amount to squat) is mods to the outside like g-nose, headlight covers, louvers, cowl hood, air dams, spoilers, flares, mirrors are not that big they have been around since the start but to have mods like square headlights, corvette tail lights, chopping the top, changing the hatch are out of control and make the car look like something out of a horror flick. I like a Z to look like it was supposed to look, not like a crazy fiberglass project from some sculptor. When it comes to the engine transplants of things other than Nissan L engines are not my idea of a true Z. When you put a Chevy, ford, dodge, Toyota ect in it changes the car to a custom hotrod. Inside Upgrading seats, lights, stereo, fabric or gauges is not that big of a deal. Improve on the technology but do go so far out there that you destroy the idea of what the car was meant to be.