IGNORED

Newest addition to the garage.

Diseazd

Arne.......Rare is important, but IMO the look of Panasports is just hard to beat. Wantanabe's have that same look, but sizes are hard to make work. For me, Panasports just work perfectly for the Z car. Zedy, IMO, I would switch back......your car was perfect with the Panasports........ you don't improve perfection. Guy

Guy - Great looking car. It was also nice to meet you at the Manassas show earlier this spring. If only I could get one of my two cars looking anything close to this. Don't toss that auto transmission! Someday I'll convince my wife she wants a Roadster and it'll need to be an automatic.

It's so fun to see your cars and watch them go from near perfect to sublime. I had to laugh about your auto to manual trans conversion when you mentioned how difficult large hands can be when working under the dash and the pedal box. Try 6'4" and 300lbs! But it got done thanks to Arne's article on how to convert. Your's is another beautiful car in the right hands, great job.

Edited by Steve Parmley

Thanks Steve......I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs. and can tell you that getting that cotter pin in the clevis on the clutch pedal is one of my life's most significant accomplishments! Hope you're winning some races. Regards Guy

Arne.......Rare is important, but IMO the look of Panasports is just hard to beat. Wantanabe's have that same look, but sizes are hard to make work. For me, Panasports just work perfectly for the Z car. Zedy, IMO, I would switch back......your car was perfect with the Panasports........ you don't improve perfection. Guy
Well, both are great Z choices, and you can't go wrong with either one. I still prefer the LeMans look myself, but since I no longer have a Z, my opinion doesn't count for much. Wheel choices for the Porsche are much simpler - NOTHING looks right on a 911 except Fuchs, either original or replicas.

... but since I no longer have a Z, my opinion doesn't count for much...

I completely (and respectfully) disagree. Your experience, expertise and knowledge- not to mention your significant supportive contributions to Z owners worldwide- give you the credentials to drop an opinion anytime! :beer:

Well, both are great Z choices, and you can't go wrong with either one. I still prefer the LeMans look myself, but since I no longer have a Z, my opinion doesn't count for much. Wheel choices for the Porsche are much simpler - NOTHING looks right on a 911 except Fuchs, either original or replicas.

Bite your tongue Arne. You have been here through thick and thin. You have contributed more useful information than most of us ever have. I always admired you for your dedication but also your realistic approach and views. I also considered your car a cousin to my grey one as they were both 71's and VERY close in number to each other.

You opinion is valued and respected. I hope to keep getting it. And when I buy my mid 80's 911, I can look forward to bugging you more to get up to speed on that! :)