IGNORED

ebay user "Reddat" in Houston

Ben's Z

Apparently he bought (or still buys) parts from Nissan and tries to sell them on eBay for a large markup. Save your money and look elsewhere. A better investment is to buy the parts fiche CD from this site and contact your local Nissan dealer or one of the dealers that sell parts online (like Courtesy Nissan in Texas).

I know, I was looking at his prices and figured he must live in River Oaks area of Houston (for those of you who do not know, that is big time money) He seems to provide no KY that is for sure.

Apparently he bought (or still buys) parts from Nissan and tries to sell them on eBay for a large markup. Save your money and look elsewhere. A better investment is to buy the parts fiche CD from this site and contact your local Nissan dealer or one of the dealers that sell parts online (like Courtesy Nissan in Texas).

The guy's name is George, his prices are okay, he used to gouge on shipping. Not sure if he is still a shipping gouger or not, I would make sure to make it clear to him that you will not allow him to gouge you on shipping. I have had dealings with him selling him things. I had no problems with him, he ships out things quickly which is nice. As for his prices and where he gets his stuff, I have no opinion or expertise on that. He offers a service if he has what you want and it is a price you are willing to pay for item and for convience reasons you go with buying his stuff, and you are happy then I don't see a problem buying form him. I am not one to damage a person's business unless he or she does not deliver what they say they will. Please make sure to read the entire item description, make sure you understand that if it is new or used. There are about 3 guys on Ebay that seem to have new parts, Z-Connnection and Stock(something). Everyone needs a means to make money so they can feed themselves and thier families.

Get a parts manual and order yourself from your local Nissan dealer - no shipping charges and cheaper parts - being an educated consumer is the only way to go. If you are not willing to educate yourself then the only choice you have (and not saying this directly to Ben's Z, but to anybody reading this) - is buy the item from the seller when you can find it at the buyers price.

It's all about being an educated consumer!

i believe ebay has a new policy. they now charge a percentage on the total price including shipping. this was implemented so sellers couldn't cheat on fees. i'm a buyer, not a seller. i have noticed some sellers have steep shipping so i avoid them.

I agree on the high prices. What I have done is e-mailed him with an offer of what I thought the parts were worth. If you are patient, most of the time he will lower the prices. And it's critical that you negoatiate shipping prices on multiple items before making a purchase b/c those shipping fees are extremely high IMO.

I suppose I have mixed feelings when I see someone selling items for so much. I think "that is outrageous, this person is crazy" but at the same time I just think "well he is no different than anyone else trying to make a buck". Everyone does it, MSA, BlackDragon, other suppliers/services. Take MSA for example, oil pumps/alternators/filters, stuff like that you can pretty much find elsewhere for like half the price for the exact same item. Supply and demand I suppose, someone must be buying it if they or anyone can maintain the high price, I cant get mad over it because I cant afford it. Thats kind of the nail on the head I think for maintaining these old cars, you have the guys who do everything themselves, who try to maintain a nice looking car on a budget, who take pride in knowing everything about their car is personal. And then you have the guys who have the funds available to just pay everyone to do it for them. But it is still the same in the end, just different paths of getting there, we are all different. As far as shipping, Im kind of numb to it, anyone who has been around ebay long enough should be. I sure know I have bought plenty of items on ebay for like $5 but had $50 shipping charges. As long as you just think of shipping charges as part of the sale price, then no reason to worry about it. When bidding you have to take the shipping into consideration. From a sellers point I suppose I just have no issues charging a couple bucks more for shipping an item, its not as if the shipping price was not made clear ahead of time. My reasoning on this is that I just want to be fully sure I do not get jipped at the usps counter. If I charge $9 to ship an item, but the actual usps charge is $7.80, well I just look at it as that extra 1.20 just went to me getting boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and standing in line for half an hour. Especially if an auction is being started at such a low price and there is a big risk in making absolutely nothing in the transaction. I have sold my fair share of good items for .99 cents, in some cases I estimated the weight incorrectly and actually had to pay out of my pocket for shipping too. Boxing, ebay fees, paypal fees, waiting in line, and selling an item for a $3 loss kind of sucks. And getting back to the major companies again, as far as shipping, they are no different either, they all charge more than what is costs to ship. Its just people do not seem to care when its a company and not an independent seller on ebay.

Shipping is pain in the butt and customers know that. The only people in a transaction that make money on shipping are the shipping companies. I generally offer my customers the option of handling the shipping themselves. Just arrange for the truck to be at the back door of my shop and I'll help load it. In the 9 years I've been doing this, 4 customers have gone with that option and all 4 had large companies with great rates through FedEx or UPS.