IGNORED

My 240z is almost done

logan1

CHAPTER II

IMG_0613.jpg

So i have decided to go ahead and do a carbureted small block chevy swap into my series I 240Z. As always i will be doing all the work in my garage with the help of friends.

First my motor:

I'm hoping to get around 250+hp and 300tq at the wheels.

freshly rebuild Chevy 5.7L SBC 350.

4-Bolt main

Block has been bored 40 over

An excellent set of 882 heads

Edelbrock RPM airgap intake

Holley 600cfm carb

New Comp 268 cam kit.

New flat top pistons providing a 9.5:1 compression ratio

M/T valve covers

New Black Coated Steet Rod Hugger Headers

IMG_0741.jpg

Second Transmission:

I will be using a World Class T5 out of a 5.0L mustang. I have rebuilt the transmission and done a few upgrades to build in a lil extra strength into the T5.

New shift forks

New shift fork inserts

heavy duty cluster gear support plate

New Input Shaft/4th Gear Bearing & Race

New Output Shaft Bearing & Race (85-95)

heavy duty input Bearing Retainer

IMG_0277.jpg

Third Chevy SBC to Ford T5 Coupling:

In order to couple a chevy motor to a ford transmission i an using the bell housing for a chevy WC T5 transmission and a custom adapter plate.

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Fourth Clutch:

Again to run a chevy motor with a ford transmission i an running a flywheel and pressure plate from a F-body camaro and the clutch is from a 5.0L ford mustang.

IMG_0276.jpg

I'll be using a JTR kit for the engine mounts etc.

IMG_0282.jpg

I have the drive shaft from the mustang and once i get the engine and transmission transplanted into the car; Ill get a final measurement for the drive shaft and have it cut and balanced.

I got the hood and the exhaust off the car to get ready to pull the old 2.4L L6 motor.

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally got the SBC and T5 dropped into the 240z. The entire motor sits behind the front cross member. Next step is to get the motor plumbed and wired; also need to get the drive shaft cut and balanced. Let me know if you guys know of any good local drive shaft shops that can do the job at a decent price.

IMG_0857-1.jpg

IMG_0865-1.jpg

IMG_0868-1.jpg

IMG_0869-1.jpg

IMG_0870-1.jpg

i love where that sits in there, so low and so far behind the front, that will handle so nice when its buttoned up!

on a side not i live by summit racing and they had 3 chevy 350 small blocks crate motorssitting out for 1500 a piece all rated around 300hp almost picked one up then forgot i dont have a Z yet ><

Today i created some homemade fuel lines for my car; the design has a return fuel line that ties into the OEM return lines of the 240Z.... hopefully it works as intended.

Also installed my beloved monte-carlo bar.

IMG_0873-1.jpg

IMG_0874-1.jpg

IMG_0876-1.jpg