IGNORED

Music to my ears

madkaw

Hey Arne, Do you think I would get close to this sound from a 75 280 with a header, 2 1/2" pipe, a 22" cherrybomb in the middle and the same magnaflow muffler?
Should be similar, but probably louder with the headers and 2.5" all the way back.

For a 280Z you have a bigger selection of Magnaflows for the rear. The 11148 I used was the only one that was suitable for the dual-stacked tips I wanted. Since the stacked look doesn't work well on a 280, you have more choices. Don't lock in on only the 11148.

Thanks for the reply Arne. I was wondering if you could here the fact it was duals. Did you listen to it with speakers on your computer? I have seperate speakers on my stereo and I could here both pipes.
I've got good speakers (w/sub), but maybe not enough separation to tell that it was duals for certain.
My exhaust also has what I call a cackle from the rear that could be thought was valve noise or pinging. I thought some tip resonantors might mellow that out, but you have tips??? Maybe it is a different sound we are comparing.
Sounds like we might have the same noise. Yes, I have resonated tips, and I even removed them temporarily to see if that made any difference. It was louder w/o the tips, but the "cackle" (as you call it) was still there. I wonder if this is characteristic of the Magnaflows?

Mine is longer (14"), but is the really small oval case (3.5" x 7"). But it might not be just Magnaflows. I know of one person with the full MSA Premium system (stock manifold) with Dynomax who has a similar sound. He went so far as to pull the head to look for carbon deposits and hot spots.