Ptero

The official "Post pictures of your wheels" thread

^ I almost wish I had chosen 205/50x16's. The 225's are pretty heavy steering. Figured I'd have to run about -2.5 degrees camber up front to fit the 225's.

What spring rates did you end up with on your CO's? I'm thinking 225 to 250 lb/in up front and  around 200 or 225 lb/in  rear as a starting point.  Will likely use Koni  8610 shocks. or the MR2/Golf Sport shocks.

Sorry, don't remember the spring rate.....I told him I wanted the softest available for the coil overs. I ran 205 50 16's on one of my Z's for a while.....they were a lot less heavy steering than the 225 50 16's, but were 1 inch shorter than stock....didn't fill the wheel wells. I really think the 205 55 16's are perfect.....that's what I run on all but the green car.....I'll switch that car to the 205 55 16's as soon as I wear its tires out. IMO

I've got 250 front, 225 rear on my GCS. They feel like they'd be good if the suspension was sitting at a good height.

Thanks. That's the rates I was thinking of trying. 

post-25371-0-06647600-1434370761_thumb.j

16X7 Gun Metal Rewinds Toyo Extensa HP 205/55 front and 225/50 rear .  Trimming required up front, rubbing the air dam.  My 4/77 280Z in Silver Pearl

Sorry posted too soon appliance fine wire wheels powder coated to match my black pearl.

I have center caps but 1 fin is broke off of 1 of them 

• Like 1

On March 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM, theblackpearl said:

Sorry posted too soon appliance fine wire wheels powder coated to match my black pearl.

Interested in those BP center caps! Please PM me! 

Thanks so much!

K

The lil z lady! 

Here a typical euro aftermarket rim if you ask me.. Indianapolis 14"  came out around 1972  ..  These oldies are not to be trusted for high speed driving so i don't use them.  I think they are made of magnesium?

DSC01049.jpg

Aftermarket wheels on my "winter" 240z and a set of refurb. 280zx iron cross originals.. for my 280zx slick top restauration 1979.. early euro style Datsun 280zx

datsun 280 023.jpg

datsun 280 041.jpg

Running 195/60 R14 tires.  Slightly larger tires would fill the openings better but I finally got my speedometer reading right with these by swapping the gear for it.

polishedwheel.jpg

shinylrg.jpg

These are my Black Pearls... Love them!

Looking for some more center Caps, is there anyone out there who can offer assistance? 

They are about 2" deep. 
Part # 40343n3200

They are from a 1978 Datsun 280. 

Any help is much appreciated! 
Many thanks! 
K
The lil z lady :)
*** Please PM me or contact via messenger, I am typically very responsive!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by KiraK

On June 15, 2016 at 1:09 PM, siteunseen said:

Aren't those the same as early ZX caps? Try zcarsource.com

Nope, close though. Mine are 2" in depth the zx are 3/4"

Already been to z source, but thanks anyway. If u see any, will u keep me in mind? Thx! 

K

The lil z lady :) 

7 hours ago, Travel'n Man said:

After 8 years of the same wheels - I thought it was time for a change........

Datsun.JPG

Datsun 1.JPG

IMG_7550.JPG

IMG_7570.JPG

Wow! Beauty!

K :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Are those some of the satin black Rewinds MSA has?  They look fantastic!

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic05a01/25-1209

Watanabe's from Japan - took almost 5 months to get them from the time I ordered them until they finally got though customs and got shipped to me.

1 hour ago, Travel'n Man said:

Watanabe's from Japan - took almost 5 months to get them from the time I ordered them until they finally got though customs and got shipped to me.

Worth the wait!  They look super. 8^)

• Like 1

For non-vintage events, original BSR wheels with Hoosiers (Scotty Sharp was the last person to run them before I got them), 15X7s BSR w/Toyo RA1s for vintage (dry) and the white panasports w/RA1s (wet).

At least two of these sets will get a work-out this coming week. Instructing on Wednesday (Hoosiers) and then the VRG event at Thompson, CT which looks like no rain in the forecast (6/23-25).

Four 240Zs have signed up, along with 911s, Alfas and a very sorted out 142 Volvo.

BSR10inch.jpg

Whitepanasportswets.jpg

On March 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM, theblackpearl said:

Do you still have your center caps? If so, are u interested in selling them? Lmk..

big thanks!

K the lil z lady :)