IGNORED

My new 240Z

Originally posted by sjcurtis

It is normal for the inside button not to lock the door mechinism when the door is open, or not fully closed.

Yes, it can be annoying sometimes but its there so you dont lock your keys in the car :)

Enrique posted:

Some folks would rather pay now and enjoy immediately, while others would rather do all that work themselves and hence value their "hourly wage" in the negative or zero dollar and see the first car as cheaper. Others have a high value for their free time and therefore would find the second vehicle cheaper.

Others of us would enjoy the rebiuld process very much and would like to have the car done up in an EXACT, SPECIFIC manner, and would get satisfaction from knowing that the Resto was done in exactly the correct way. Or at least in the way that we wanted it to be done.

Not saying one way is better than the other. That is a personal decision. Myself...............I'd like one of each, Please!ROFL :stupid: Ya right, Deam on , Bambikiller! It ain't in the budget:disappoin

Thanks for your welcome and responses guys. I look forward to learning alot from everyone here and sharing my limited knowledge.

A couple of questions-

EScanlon, why not use Armour All?

The drivers seat rocks in its position. The passenger one seems to be fine. Is it just loose and needs tightening? Or is this another Z thing.

Late last night when I brought her home the alarm started going off. The control didn't work so I tried to open the bonnet to disarm it but could not for the life of me open it. It pops open and when I try to unlatch it nothing seems to move. It has been opened infront of me several times so I guess I was doing it wrong:stupid: Anyway, I had to give up as it was late and the alarm was keeping everyone up. It turns itself off after a few cycles. What seemed like an eternity actually

Originally posted by sjcurtis

Is the paint colour in the pictures the cars original colour (Scarlet red 664) with black interior or has the car been painted from another colour to the red colour.

It's the original colour with black interior. It was painted recently but on the outside only.

btw, Carlos says hi Steve

My '75 280Z came from the factory with door locks that were designed NOT to lock by pushing down on the interior lock knobs with the doors open. A person had to use a key and the door had to be closed for the key to lock the door. This may have been designed to keep people from locking their keys inside the car.

I'm wondering, if you can't find a problem with the mechanism, if the previous owners have installed a '75 mechanism.

And most of all remember this:

Driving a beautiful Z is like dating a gorgeous TALL woman in a form fitting short dress with high heels. Everyone is going to look at you......deal with it!

Hadn't thought of it like that before.... but I agree nonetheless! ROFL

First off I would like to say that's a very nice and original Z you have purchased. I recently purchased a Z myself and I posted a message like this yesterday but obviously it didn't work. Anyway check out my gallery I uploaded some pictures of my latest girlfriend.

And for the record I'd spend 11k for a good Z :love: I love these cars to bits especially the 240z.