IGNORED

Put Your Thinking Caps On

...I now have a very loud screech in the cam near 4 and 5. Since machining the head I may have valves that are tight and that would explain a slightly jumpy vac gauge with 18 inches...

Did you (or the shop) pull the cam towers when you had the head machined? If so, the cam might not be spinning freely, causing the noise. If the towers were off, pull your rockers and the timing chain and make sure the cam spins freely. If the cam is binding, it will destroy the cam and towers.

The machineshop left the towers on and only took off 015 so I did not need shims. When I pulled the valve cover i found the oiler tube broken off for the last two cylinders and laying upright on the right of the head. I am doing a cold valve adjustment and making a sling using a universal tailpipe kit to shore up the tube on both ends. will post pics when completed.

The machineshop left the towers on and only took off 015 so I did not need shims. When I pulled the valve cover i found the oiler tube broken off for the last two cylinders and laying upright on the right of the head. I am doing a cold valve adjustment and making a sling using a universal tailpipe kit to shore up the tube on both ends. will post pics when completed.

Ahh, yes. The oiler bar must me checked and cleaned anytime it's out. They have been known to crack and break off like that. Hopefully it didn't ruin the cam, rockers, or tower.