IGNORED

Turning Over 240Z engine

andyfrank

Great, its moved a bit, about 1cm right and 1 cm left. Checked dip stick and some ATF has reached the sump. Will let sit now until next saturday and try again. Will post a photo of the project shortly so you can have a look. Thanks all :)

Sure glad i stumbled upon this post. I'm in the exact same boat with a 71 240Z a client just gave for free. Almost done building my 69 Chevelle from a lot of help from the crew over at the chevelles.com forums. Looks like the same kind helpful crew over here! Look forward to picking everyone's brain (and reciprocating when posssilbe)!

post-24256-14150814717986_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coys69

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There, Glad to here I'm not alone:)

The update is we have poured ATF into the cylinders and put the car in 5th Gear and with a crew of people started to gently rock the car back and forward. The ATF seems to be getting into the sump as it is all over the dipstick.

It moved the most today a few inches back and forth. The ATF seems to also be cleaning the cylinders and get easily past the rings:) The advice was great. Will keep working it until we get the car to roll 80 cm in distance as this seems to be one engine rotation:) Then will fire her up if all goes to plan.

Will update you all soon:)