IGNORED

How often do you drive your vintage Z?

bavarian06

I bet I don't put 500 miles a year on my 240z.  I primarily take it out to Cars and Coffee and other local shows and then drive it back home.  I never daily drive it because I don't want to roll in to work smelling like gas and oil, only if ever so slightly.  I have a Scion FR-S that has been my daily driver for the past 3 years but it's lease is up next month and I will be in a 1999 Camry V6 XLE.  Nothing exciting for sure but comfy, looks decent, reliable on all fronts, and more importantly it is paid for!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hardway said:

I bet I don't put 500 miles a year on my 240z.  I primarily take it out to Cars and Coffee and other local shows and then drive it back home.  I never daily drive it because I don't want to roll in to work smelling like gas and oil, only if ever so slightly.  I have a Scion FR-S that has been my daily driver for the past 3 years but it's lease is up next month and I will be in a 1999 Camry V6 XLE.  Nothing exciting for sure but comfy, looks decent, reliable on all fronts, and more importantly it is paid for!

The only problem I have is that it's a 46 year old car ( and it's getting pretty rare, more each year ) and driving in today's dense and much faster traffic, makes me a bit sweaty in the hands and nervous sometimes, constantly looking ahead on what other drivers are doing..., because there are alot of reckless drivers on the road these days.   I have to say that when I take it out for a cruise, i'd rather drive the country roads or at least stay away from dense traffic/cities.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On Monday, March 21, 2011 at 9:32 PM, esmit208 said:

Well

Project 6/70 hasn't been driven since October 2005, that's when it had a main harness fire. Project 3/72, (see photo album) although it may not be a daily driver it will get plenty of miles. I strongly agree that these cars, or any car for that matter need to be driven. I never beat on any car I've owed so no need to start now. I can't wait for the long SoCal trip. After the expense and time involved I just can't see letting it sit.

Currently getting fresh metal where needed

IMG_20130623_195225_466.jpg

Drive mine almost every evening in the summer. The mountain roads in Western NC are perfect. The only problem is I have no engine sine January. Hoping Dave Rebello will ship this coming week. Engine is dyno' and finished. Just waiting on a engine shipping crate to get to Dave for shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile