IGNORED

Hard line to Wheel Cylinders

JonnyRock

Had to rebuild my driver's side rear wheel cylinder and I managed to strip the hex-fitting on the hard line where it meets the cylinder. Won't be doing that again, I subsequently picked up a set of flare nut wrenches and a mini-blow torch! This line is kinda crescent shaped and I would like to replace it with an identical line. Does anyone have one I could buy, or know where I can get one?

This is the early style, of a '70.

Thanks guys.

post-15469-1415081207314_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150812073817_thumb.jpg

Just go to your local parts store and get a BLJ-320 brake line and bend it to fit. That is going to be the correct tube and nut size for your Z. Only thing needed to bend it is a pair of gloves. Gloves help a lot when bending brake lines.

This is all I did to replace them on my 71 that happens to be the same as yours. Easy job to do.

Dave...

Thanks Dave. I have the hard line to do it and I'm sure I could make a serviceable facsimile, but I'd like to pick up the exact Datsun piece if possible.

I have the piece here that your looking for but the nut is frozen in the wheel cylinder. I am just across the river from ya and you can have the backing plate complete if you want it. just PM me.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I have the hard line to do it and I'm sure I could make a serviceable facsimile, but I'd like to pick up the exact Datsun piece if possible.

Their is no difference between the OEM and the brake line part number mentioned above (available at NAPA only in my neck of the woods) aside from the fact that you have to bend it. Even the nut color is correct.

FWIW,

John

I bought the raw hard lines at Advance Auto, and used a cheap tubing bender to form it to the correct shape. (Not the robot..;) )

I guess you could check with your local Nissan dealer if you are unwilling to bend it yourself, but so long as you don't kink the line and follow the same basic shape as the original part it should work just fine.

I had to make the same lines up. I found this tool worked well from Harborfraight.com.

Home / Tube Bending Pliers

Tube Bending Pliers

Email to a Friend

Click on image to zoom

. Tube Bending Pliers

Item # 95782 Manufacturer: Pittsburgh

Only: $9.99

Sale: $7.99

Add Items to CartQty: Add to Cart .

Add to Wishlist

| Add to Compare

.Shipping

Economy Ground Shipping available.

Availability: In stock

Leaves the warehouse in 1-2 business days.

Quick Overview

Tube Bending Pliers

Customer Rating: Be the first to review the Pittsburgh 95782

Description of Pittsburgh 95782

Custom-fit brake line tubing without kinks or awkward bends.

■Works on 3/16" and 1/4" tubing

■Easily align, bend and adjust tubing

■Drop-forged carbon steel

■Comfort grips

Overall dimensions: 9-1/8" L x 2-5/16" W

Helpful (I hope) hint. One of the best tools you can have in your tool box is a pair of the small Vice Grips with fresh grippy pads. These work great judiciously applied to the hex fittings on brake lines and assembly screws on SUs (bowls and domes) to just break them loose. Standard wrenches will take it from there. It's called GET A GRIP ON THINGS!!

I'm sure they'll work on other things where Magilla Gorilla at the plant was having a good day so ecperiment around your Z......

Say hello to my little friend!

"Borrowed" from my father's tool box about 25 years ago. Guaranteed to work on ANY stuck nut, fitting, caliper bolt.

Might chew it up a little, (pre-treating with PBblaster helps tremendously) but definitely worth a try.

post-7517-14150812128665_thumb.jpg