IGNORED

Progress on rust repairs

240dkw

• 3 weeks later...

LOViNG it!! The mat looks PHENoMiNAL. Great find. Princess Auto rocks and I just happen to have a trip on the radar for tomorrow (OK, I'm there several times a week...LOL!)

Did you have some stuff Cad plated - or did you paint it?

Are you rebuilding everything as you go like I am? I''ll be trying to catch up next week!

LOViNG it!! The mat looks PHENoMiNAL. Great find. Princess Auto rocks and I just happen to have a trip on the radar for tomorrow (OK, I'm there several times a week...LOL!)

Did you have some stuff Cad plated - or did you paint it?

Are you rebuilding everything as you go like I am? I''ll be trying to catch up next week!

I have been cad plating the parts myself with the Caswell kit.

It has been a mix of both, I tried to have everything rebuilt while it was at the painters, but there was a few things I missed and I used a few parts from my spare parts pile and found out when I went to put them in that they did not work for a 1970 build car. So I had to modify them or restore the one that came with the car. I think I spend more time looking for little screws and other bits than i do putting parts on the car.

I have the same twin-lever set-up waiting to be installed on my '70 when I finish the interior resto in the spring. What do you plan to use for a throttle lever knob?

I have a reproduction set of knobs that I bought a while ago. I do not think the guy is still making them. I will ask, but when I asked about another set a year ago he was not very interested in doing a run for one set. Maybe if there is enough interest here to put in an order that is large enough he might do a production run.

No I do not think it was a cruise control, it was used to warm up the motor faster. A little choke and a bit higher rev gets you going sooner on a chilly morning. Not many cars would have them, I understand they were only installed on the very early cars. Lots of cars including mine would look like it was removed, but in fact it was never installed.

Edited by 240dkw

Nice little addition.

I wonderif they dropped the manual thottle when they changed to the water heated carb and the E88 inlet manifold. The E46 inlet manifolds didn't have the water passages to the carb body. The SU's also had the 4 screw domes.

Chas