IGNORED

Why can't I get my evap tank installed?

JohnnyO

Been battling it for almost 2 hours and actually dented the rear quarter from the inside. It is a small dent from pushing too hard and I am pretty sure my paintless dent guy can get it out.

I cannot get it to seat in far enough to install the screws. Unfortunately I lost all my pictures from when I removed it so I have no reference.:stupid:

I have an early series 1 california car and want to keep it original.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank in advance.

John

Happy Fathers Day (where applicable)

HLS30-02614 has no evap tank...it came that way from factory (or so I was told, never removed the panel). Are you sure your supposed to have one?

HLS30-01590 had the evap tank. I think that most US 240Zs had the evap tanks by then, especially ones sold in California. I have heard of a couple of later VINs that were originally delivered to Hawaii that didn't have them though.

John,

You do have the early plastic tank and not the later metal one, correct? I removed and replaced the later metal one on my 72 when I changed the hoses without any problems and i don't recall any tricks. Can you post a picture or two?

-Mike

I believe that a 70 would have a plastic tank.

I agree that is should have the plastic tank, but I was just trying to confirm that is what he is trying to reinstall, not the later metal tank. I believe the metal tanks are a little larger, which is why the bump out in the right side plastic interior panel is also larger.

Here is a picture of a stock plastic tank installed I found in an old thread, if that helps.

-Mike

post-9102-14150811326237_thumb.jpg

i have the metal rank.

Sounds like you need the plastic one then. I don't think they used the metal tanks until sometime in 1971, maybe when the series II came out. I think I have a couple of the plastic tanks around here some where.

-Mike

Sounds like you need the plastic one then. I don't think they used the metal tanks until sometime in 1971, maybe when the series II came out. I think I have a couple of the plastic tanks around here some where.

-Mike

The 4/71 car I parted had a plastic tank. My 7/71 is metal. I think they changed to metal in 6/71.