IGNORED

Removing the cooling lines (intake manifolds)

Pop's Z

Your page is for a 1978 EFI engine. The discussion is about coolant lines on a 1973 carburated engine.

Replay point...

What engine is listed in the top right corner?Care to guess again?It's a 78 620 L-20B WITH A CARB.

Point,set,match again.

Edited by Z train

What engine is listed in the top right corner?Care to guess again?It's a 78 620 L-20B WITH A CARB.

Point,set,match again.

Actually, you missed my point (no pun intended).

I do stand corrected though that the L20B came in carbed form in 1978 in the US.

It has been a good discussion. Overall, I learned something and if I ever a get a carbed Datsun I will be ahead.

Edited by Zed Head
Had the wrong racket...

stuff like this is what gives this site a bad name. i don't care if you think you are the god of all mechanical farce. state what you know and move on. if it contradicts...so be it. no need for insult and showboating. it's a freaking question not an invitation to show which godhead you belong to.

stuff like this is what gives this site a bad name. i don't care if you think you are the god of all mechanical farce. state what you know and move on. if it contradicts...so be it. no need for insult and showboating. it's a freaking question not an invitation to show which godhead you belong to.

Actually it's meddling idiots like you who feel the need to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.Yeah,there was some dis-agreement in this topic.I'm sure there will be again somewhere-SO WHAT?If you don't like itlaffIII.gif and don't post to it.

Edited by Z train

Actually it's meddling idiots like you who feel the need to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.Yeah,there was some dis-agreement in this topic.I'm sure there will be again somewhere-SO WHAT?If you don't like itlaffIII.gif and don't post to it.

Don't bite mel marabante. They're just words on an internet page from some anonymous Benny Hill fan...

Not worth the effort.

While I agree that this thread has gotten a bit ugly, I don't know where you get the idea that this site has "a bad name." A bad name compared to what? This discussion would have gone far worse at any other Z site I have ever visited.

this is why people are reluctant to ask questions now. we need expertise and sound advise, not argument from either side. post your comment and move on. some people will disagree but such is life. no need to insult anybody. no need to brag. let the other person save face.

this is why people are reluctant to ask questions now. we need expertise and sound advise, not argument from either side. post your comment and move on. some people will disagree but such is life. no need to insult anybody. no need to brag. let the other person save face.

Letting perceived technical misinformation stand uncontested on the forum would be about as ridiculous as not saying anything to discredit your completely ignorant comment right there.

If there is conflicting information, pursuit of the truth, with room for debate along the way, is the only way to resolve the issue. I am so glad people have debated numerous topics on this forum in the past. I've found many threads in the archives that started out in disagreement and finally arrived at some sort of consensus that helped me with my own Z problems. Had those people just stated their conflicting information and moved on, how would I as a user seeing this for the first time, decide who was correct, and what course of action would be best to take?

I'm not a technical expert on the information discussed in this thread, so I did not have an opinion either way, but I was still glad that there was some discussion involved.

For what it's worth, I blocked off my intake coolant lines years ago and never looked back. Our warm weather down here doesn't have much need for intake preheating.

Those are my two cents on the matter, and I'm done and unsubscribed to this thread.

After a brief look at your profile, it seems to me you may simply be yet another disgruntled 280ZX owner who is unhappy with the lack of support this forum offers your vehicle in particular. Zcar.com has a lot of S130 owners, maybe you would be more at home there.